Nine

Nora's POV- July 2019

It took a lot of will power to get out of my comfy bed, but my car was disgusting and needed to be washed and vacuumed.

"Almost done?"

I smiled as I squeeze the excess water from the drying towel.

"Yes," I replied.

I was technically done, just needed to wind the hose back and put away the bucket (with the sponge and dry towel).

"Do you need help?"

"I got it," I said.

I'm pretty sure Chris was asleep, but he was going to be happy to see a familiar face. Sonia was Alex's girlfriend, but before she had that title, she was Chris' neighbor. Bobbi, who was standing next to her, was her bestfriend and also an old neighbor of Chris.

"Is Chris up?"

"He might be" I answered as I accepted a hug from both of them.

"What about his family?"

"They should both be up by now" I responded.

Mary had made her way out a couple of minutes ago to tell me that breakfast was almost ready, and Noel was not one to sleep in.

"Bobbi made dairy-free flan, for you all"

Yum.

"Go right on in, I'll be there in a second," I told her.

They nodded and excused themselves inside. Once I put everything away, I parked my car inside the garage and went inside to see Sonia and Bobbi chatting with Noel in the living room.

"I filled up your water bottle and added ice, it's on the counter"

"Thank you," I said to Mary as I reached for the water bottle.

I took a few gulps before turning to her.

"What time is it?" I asked.

I had left my phone in the bedroom, but it was on silent.

"10:15 AM"

I should probably wake Chris up.

"He was asleep when I peaked in a while ago"

I closed my water bottle and set it on the counter.

"Did Honey weasel through?" I questioned.

She had tried this morning, but I didn't let her through because she also needed to be let outside to use the bathroom.

"She did, I left her in there because she's very vocal when she doesn't get her way"

Huskies, man.

"What are you making? It smells amazing" I stated.

"I made us seasoned potatoes, scrambled eggs, and sliced fruit"

"And Chris?" I wondered.

"The same thing, except his potatoes, only have a bit of seasoning and are oven roasted"

Makes sense.

"I'll be right back," I said before making my way to mines and Chris' room.

Once I was inside, I climbed up on the bed and gently nudged him awake.

"Good morning," I told him when he stirred a bit.

Chris was in no way a morning person (as was I), so he immediately groaned.

"Breakfast is ready, and you have visitors" I informed him as I gently rubbed his bicep.

"Who?"