Six

Nora's POV- July 2019

After I shut off my alarm, I thought about calling out for work but decided against it. For the first time since Chris' accident, I had a good night's rest. I pressed my forehead against Chris' shoulder before sluggishly sitting up. I took a look at him and reached over to touch his neck. He was warm, but body temp warm not fever warm. Once I was out of bed, I grabbed my duffle bag and made my way to the bathroom where I began to get ready.

It was weird getting ready in a hospital bathroom, but fingers crossed it'd only be for only a couple more days. Once my face was washed, teeth brushed, makeup applied, hair styled and dressed I made my way out of the bathroom.

"Morning"

I set the duffle bag on the floor before offering the nurse a smile.

"Morning" I greeted back.

My eyes darted to the needle on Chris' forearm.

"What's the bloodwork for?" I wondered.

"The league wants us to send in some bloodwork"

I slowly nodded and looked at Chris to see his brows were furrowed in discomfort.

"I'm being as gentle as I can be, but his forearms are still sensitive"

The bruises on his forearms were discoloring after the mishandling from the paramedics and the emergency room residents.

"Okay, I'm done"

She looked at Chris.

"I'm sorry for waking you up, Hun"

He took a deep breath.

"You're just doing your job"

She nodded.

"Go back to sleep, I'll drop by with breakfast in a couple of hours"

Once she was gone, he groggily looked over at me.

"What time is it?"

I looked at my watch.

"7:23" I replied.

He groaned before closing his eyes.

"I was sleeping so well"

You and me both.

"How'd you sleep?"

"I'm pretty sure I didn't move," I told him.

The ends of his mouth perked up a bit as he commented,

"That's a first"

I moved a lot in my sleep, it's why I woke up to a bedhead mess.

"You okay there?" I asked when I saw him visibly flinch.

"Yeah, my body just hates being on bed rest"

He was probably sore all over.

"Can I get some water?"

I nodded and filled him a cup of water. He took the cup, and I watched as he slowly sipped it down.

"Nor"

It was strange to hear that nickname come out of his mouth considering he had not called me that in forever.

"Yes?" I questioned.

I took a seat on the chair and slipped on my heels.

"Can you remind my mom to bring me a pair of boxers?"

I reached for my phone and sent Mary that quick reminder. Once I did that, I made my way over to him.

"I should head out," I told him.

He smiled as I gently pressed the back of my hand against his cheek.

"What time should I expect you back?"

"No later than 8" I replied.

I needed to go back home to shower, eat dinner, and pack up for the next day's outfit.

"See you then"

I hated to admit this, but Ella was right. If I wanted to help Chris in getting his memory back, I needed to treat him like I had done so before his accident.

"Love you, get some sleep," I said.

His cheeks flushed when he realized what I was about to do. I leaned in and gave him a quick peck on the lips.

"I'll see you later," I told him.

He licked his lips and nodded.

"See you then"

Later in the day, during my lunch, I checked my phone. Noel had sent me a picture of Chris fast asleep with the following texts,

Noel Taylor

Moments before he woke up.

He's in a good mood 🤪

Fingers crossed he's not crabby like yesterday 💀

My workday passed by painfully slow, but I quickly said goodbye to my coworkers as I rushed out. The drive home was quick because I did not catch much traffic due to leaving work right on time. To my surprise, Mary and Noel were home.

"Hey" I greeted.

"Your parents are with Chris, and made us come home"

By the smell of it, mom had made lasagna.

"I'm heating up the lasagna your mom made"

See.

"Eat before you head out"

Oh, I planned to.

"Where's Honey?" I asked.

"She's in the garage chilling in her cooler"

The California heatwave was in full motion, and her kind did not like the heat, and well Chris spoiled the crap out of that dog.

"I'll brush her, you go shower"

I nodded and made my way upstairs. After my shower, I decided to blow out my hair and actually fully do my night time skincare routine. Once I finished, I packed up my outfit for work and my PJs before making my way downstairs.

"Have a seat darling"

When I did, Mary quickly placed a plate stacked with food in front of me.

"And I expect you to eat it all"

She would not have to tell me twice.

"Chris is expected to come home this weekend"

That's great news.

"Do not let him know though"

"I won't" I promised.

I used that excuse against him when he thought about going against the doctor's orders.

"How was he today?" I asked before taking a sip of my drink.

"He had a really good day, was in a great mood"

That's good to know.

"I have a feeling you played a part in it"

"Why do you say that?" I asked Noel.

"Because your blanket was still on him when we got there"

"Did he get his stitches removed?" I wondered.

"Yes, so make sure he doesn't scratch his face"

I stuffed a rather large piece of lasagna into my mouth.

"He may not remember much, but I'm pretty sure that he was already in love with you"