Twenty

Nora's POV- July 2019

It honestly sucked to work on weekends, but my fellowship required it every now and then, so here I was on a Sunday. During my internship year, I rotated between all forms of surgery, so I spent most of my day stitching up face wounds. There was also this strange emergency where I was called up because there were small pieces of glass around a patients eye. It was a lot of shards, but I managed to get all of them out. Thankfully there none on the eye, but I was called in to make sure.

"There you are"

I glanced up from the paperwork I was looking over and smiled when I saw Eric.

"I didn't know you'd be here" I noted.

"Last minute call in"

Well, that sucked.

"How have you been?"

I accepted his kiss on the cheek.

"I've been good" I answered.

He smiled.

"Yeah?"

"Yes," I confirmed.

I couldn't help but and laugh a bit when he continued to stare at me with a big smile on his face.

"What?" I asked.

He shook his head.

"Nothing just wanted to know how you're doing"

I realized what he was referring to when he glanced down at my stomach.

"Oh, yeah I'm doing really well we all are" I answered.

"That's good, really good"

I nodded.

"How's Chris doing?"

I gestured for him to follow me.

"He woke up feeling like shit today" I responded.

I had a handful of missed calls from him and several texts from Noel, and Ella telling me Chris was being a handful.

"How long till you get out?"

I looked at the clock on the wall.

"A little more than a half hour" I replied.

"You're almost done"

I nodded and handed the paperwork over to a nurse.

"How does it feel to have Dani home?" I asked.

He smiled.

"Relieved, I honestly thought she was going to take the position at ASU"

Seeing as she had just graduated from there, we all thought that.

"Pretty sure we both played a part in her taking that position at UCLA"

Perhaps.

"Dr. Jensen"

Eric raised an eyebrow as I turned my head to see Dean, my exboyfriend making his way over.

"What can I do for you, Dr. Williams?" I questioned.

Dean looked at Eric before looking at me.

"I have two interns complaining that you told them to go practice their stitching on fruit"

I did say that.

"First of all, I told one of them not both" I stated.

Dean tried to conceal a smile that was forming on his face.