Thirty-Two

Nora's POV- August 2019

I had agreed to have breakfast with Cara at 10 AM, and I was running a bit late. It was 10:15 AM, and I was still not dressed. For the past hour or so, I had been dealing with horrible nausea. Instead of getting ready, I sat on the floor next to the toilet because every time I tried to get up the feeling that I was going to throw up intensified. My phone chimed a handful of times in the bedroom, and all I could do was hear it re-chimed a couple of minutes later because my legs felt like jello. After a bit, I slowly pulled myself up and went for my phone. 

The texts were all from Cara, who was thankfully running a couple of minutes late. Just as I was about to reply to her texts, there was a light knock on the door.

"Coming" I called out.

I opened the door and offered Cara a smile. The smile on her face dropped when she took a look at me.

"Oh my god, are you okay?"

Well, that made me feel better about myself.

"Sorry, I'm still not ready. I woke up not feeling well" I apologized.

I stepped back and gestured her to step in.

"Just give me a few minutes to look presentable," I told her.

"Was it something you ate last night?"

I shook my head and led her into the bedroom.

"Take your time, I'm still not even hungry"

None of my pants really fit me anymore, so my outfits of choice were either dresses or yoga pants/leggings. It was warm outside already, so I combed my hair and parted before french braiding it into 2 braids. I brushed my teeth and then quickly did my makeup and decided to bronze up my face to get some dimension and color. 

I changed into one of the 3 dresses I had packed and made my way out of the bathroom. As I looked at the mirror, I pursed my lips. My bump was slightly noticeable, so I'd conceal it with my jean jacket later on. 

I slipped on the pair of heeled sandals and looked at Cara

"Ready to go?" I asked.

She stood up.

"So there's this cafe a couple of streets down, but there's also a diner close, by," I said.

"Let's go to the diner to hold up till lunchtime"

Whit wanted to eat at Chase Field, but I convinced her that we should get some form of snack before that. 

"Fair warning, we're probably going to get ice cream" I told her.

She laughed.

"I'm okay with that. Will wants us to get dinner after the game, so I figured I'd eat a normal-sized meal now, eat a snack before at the game, and then have something during the game"

"That's my plan for today" I noted.

We stepped into the elevator, and I didn't notice my hand immediately went up to my stomach until the elevator door opened. Cara had been staring at me the entire time, and as I made eye contact with her, she smiled.

"How far along are you?"

"A little over 3 months" I answered.

Her nose crinkled.

"Darn, I was hoping I could convince you to share a drink with me"

We stepped out of the elevator.

"I take it not everyone knows"

"Cody knows, and I honestly don't know how he's kept it a secret since he's such a big mouth" I noted.

She laughed.

"Really?"

"These guy on the team love their gossip," I told her.

"I now know why Will fits in so well"

Throwing her boyfriend under the bus.

"When do you and Chris plan on telling the team?"

"We wanted to do it Monday, but the girls will still be on their trip so we're pushing it back" I stated.

We made our way out of the hotel lobby.

"Chris has the day off Thursday, but I work all day and I've got a doctors appointment right after my shift" I told her.

She nodded.

"If they clinch and Chris is drunk enough he might reveal it then" I said.

"He's been cleared to drink alcohol?"

"He's not on any medication" I replied.

"That's good"

It was.