Forty One

Nora's POV- New Years Eve 2019

"Hey, bubs"

"Yeah" I called out.

"How'd you get up there?"

I looked down and smiled at Chris who was trying not to freak out at the fact that his very pregnant wife was sitting on the roof of their house.

"Gavin actually taught me" I said.

I found him up here once when I got back from work.

"There's a ladder on the balcony to his room" I replied answering her question.

"Be right up, stay put"

"Wait," I told him.

He looked back up.

"Bring hot chocolate" I stated.

"Okay"

About 10 minutes later, he made his appearance.

"You okay?"

"As good as I can be" I answered.

I looked at him.

"I'm scared" I admitted.

He handed me the mug before taking a seat next to me.

"I mean, it's expected"

During my last doctor's appointment, my doctor informed both Chris and me that I would not be able to give birth naturally because I had something referred to as Cephalo-pelvis disproportion.  My pelvis was too small to deliver a fetus as big as Sienna, which meant a C-section.

"If I have her here, you won't see her for over a month. But I'll have my parents here to help me" I said.

He nodded.

"There's the option of delivering her in Arizona but, it will just be us two with no help," I told him.

My due date was literally a week before Spring Training started, but I was now going to be induced 2-3 weeks before.

"Chris, I'm going to be cut open and my organs are going to be moved in order to get to her" I stated.

He paled up.

"I didn't know that they touch your organs"

Yeah...

"Sienna's going to weigh a little over 8lbs, Chris. I won't be able to hold her if she hits the 10 lbs mark during my recovery" I told him.

The recovery time was 6-8 weeks.

"When do they want to induce you?"

"3 weeks" I answered as I took a sip of the hot chocolate he had brought me up.

She'd be a month old or so by the time Chris had to report to Spring Training.

"And how long is the recovery time for a c-section?"

"6-8 weeks" I replied.

He took a deep breath.

"Yeah, I can see why you're scared"

"We haven't even finished setting up her room" I stated.

"We're almost done"

I looked at him.

"What do you think is best?" I asked.

He sighed as he looked up at the sky.

"I know we talked about leasing a house while we were in Arizona, but it'd be selfish of me to have you give birth there and then leave you for work. Your doctors are here, and this is where you'll be most comfortable"

He looked at me as a smile formed on his handsome face.

"I'll be okay, you stay here where you'll have your family to help you out. I'm sure if I talk to my mom, she won't mind staying with you"

I nodded.

"I'll be here until I can't"

He wrapped his arms around me.

"Maybe I can make it to Arizona after I've recovered," I told him.

"If you can't it's okay"

He kissed my temple.

"Well this year was one to remember"

"Why do you say that?" I asked.

He rubbed my back.

"It was shitty considering I got clocked in the face and am still dealing with memory loss"

I nodded.

"We didn't bring a World Series to LA"

They lost in the NLDS.

"Cody and Carol almost got murdered"

Clara did not take the restraining order well.

"Good things happened though," I said.

He smiled.

"We moved in together"

"We technically moved in together at the end of last season" I pointed out.

He waved me off.

"We didn't have a housewarming party until the beginning of this season"

True.

"We got engaged"

"And married the following day" I stated.

He nodded.

"You're expecting"

We both looked away when we heard someone clear their throat.

"Hey," we both said to Ella.

She narrowed her eyes at us.

"How did you two get up there?"

Chris chuckled and whispered.

"Ella got herself a boyfriend"

She and Gavin had been official since Veterans Day weekend. At the moment they were doing long distance since she lived in New York for school, and he lived in Wisconsin during the offseason.

"It was an overall good year," I told him.

"The countdown is about to start!"

"We'll be right down," I said.

Once she was back inside, Chris looked at me and smiled.

"I can't wait to marry you again"

We'd set the date for our big religious ceremony for the first weekend of December. Fingers crossed it'd be snowing, so it'd look like a winter wonderland.

"I love you"

Sienna Taylor was born 10 days later, January 10, 2020, at 10:34 AM weighing 8 lbs 3 oz.

A/N: The End.