episode 4: unpredictable

💎

"What the hell are you doing here?" Jisoo hissed at her brother as soon as he got inside the secluded room. "And with her? What the hell, Jungkook?"

"You were taking too long!" he answered back. "We need the money and you know that."

"I told you, I'm working on it," she stated. "You can't complicate things here more than it already is, Jungkook. That girl you're with? That's Jin's little sister. And she hates me. Seeing that she brought you here? I'm sure she's up to something."

"Relax, noona. She doesn't know who I am. Or my relationship with you."

"Are you sure about that?" she said as she folded her arms over her chest. "Lisa isn't someone to reckon with."

Jungkook just gave his sister a smile. "And I'm not? Seriously, Soo. You underestimate me. I meet swindlers and con artists on a daily basis. I can certainly deal with a spoiled brat."

Jisoo massaged her temples. "Kook, please. We can't risk you being here--"

"Risk? Really, noona? Or is it because you're already forgetting why you're actually here," he said as he folded his arms. Jisoo turned mute. "You're already in, Soo. You have him at the palm of your hands. Even that engagement ring can very much be sold at a very high price."

"And risk being caught? We won't be getting anything at all if you keep rushing things."

Jungkook rolled his eyes at his sister. "You think I'm dumb? You can fool everybody else but you cannot fool me. I'm your brother. We grew up together. You love him that's why you can't seem to leave him. The con artist fell for her target. What a damn good plot twist."

"I told you, that's not it," Jisoo insisted before heaving a sigh. "Everything was going as planned. But I didn't expect his sister to be this... well you met her. She's on to us. Taehyung I can handle. But that girl? She's out to get me, Kook."

"You're not fooling me, Soo-ya. But I can see you point," Jungkook said recalling how cunning the blonde girl was. "You wouldn't mind if I stay for a while, wouldn't you?"

Jisoo's brows furrowed. "Why? What are you going to do?"

"I'm gonna distract the hellcat."

💎

"You just had to ruin our night."

Lisa and Taehyung were standing in front of their big brother inside his study. The twins eyed each other before turning towards the eldest again.

"I thought she's having an affair with him!" Lisa defended herself. "You saw the video. Don't you think I have the right to question your fiancee's loyalty? And in my defense, her record says she has no siblings."

"They don't look alike either," Taehyung supplied.

Jin massaged his temple--clearly losing patience. "You did a background check on my fiancee? Seriously, Lisa!"

"It's normal, Jin," she argued. "I have to know if this girl you're dating isn't a criminal or something."

"She wouldn't be in our company if she was," he spat back. "You doing these immature things makes me think whether you're really ready to be COO."

"Jin don't—" Taehyung tried to stop him but he was cut off by his own sister.

"Immature? You've got to be kidding me," she blurted out. "If anyone in this room is immature it's you. Who in the right mind would marry someone he just met? I mean, you didn't even know he had a fvcking brother! I understand her not knowing about your past relationships but you, not knowing her family? Seriously Jin. You have to get yourself checked."