special episode: epilogue

💎

A smile crept on Lisa's face as she watched the newly wed from afar. They went through a lot and finally, he's happy. No more pain, no more suffering. Her brother deserved that. Even after everything.

Lucas and Yuqi posed in front of the photographer with the newest addition to the Kim family, Lia. The one-year old looked exceptional with her white flower girl dress in between her parents. Everyone cooed when Lucas carried the toddler and both parents kissed each chubby cheek of hers during one of the shots.

They were at peace now—kinda. Lucas managed to recover with the help of some anger management counseling and regular visits to a psychiatrist. Lia and Yuqi helped a lot in turning his life around too.

Jenni and Taehyung weren't present as the two went on another honeymoon escapade as soon as she gave birth to their son Tannie—his name was Tan but everyone calls him that, since they hadn't have a decent one after they got married a year ago.

Jin and Jisoo were busy as always. Jisoo eonnie refused to give up her position in the company much to Jin oppa's disapproval. Sooji is now two and she's one hell of a troublemaker. Maybe there is a reason why the Kim's have limited number of females in the family.

Chaeyoung and Jimin however haven't tied the knot yet. They're still out and about travelling the world together after Chaeng opened up a youtube channel where she ate all kinds of delicacies from around the globe. Jimin set his foot down and they're schedules to finally marry two months from now.

Hoseok oppa couldn't be any happier. He's currently in New York expanding JH, Inc.'s reach while enjoying the company of a partner he has yet to introduce to them.

Then her eyes turned towards the other table. Yoongi smiling oh so widely while his arm rested on Nayeon eonnie's shoulder. They just got married a few months ago and are now expecting. Next to him sat Namjoon oppa who seems to be more relaxed now and currently a blushing mess as a pretty looking brunette sat beside him. If she's not mistaken, the girl's name was Aki and she's one of the chief engineers of YK.

Their grandma sat on the other side of the room silently watching everyone. Maybe she's plotting something again or just plainly judging everyone. Who knows. But she sure as hell intimates every single person in the ballroom.

Maybe the fire did them good. It might've almost killed her but, it did give them the clean slate they all needed. The Kim Mansion did have it's appeal but the painful memories needed to be forgotten. Plus, they did receive a hefty amount from the insurance company. Not that they needed it but it's better than nothing.

How they escaped the fire is all thanks to Wooreum. He was able to get the two of them out but he was lucky enough to follow. He got trapped inside the mansion and greeted death like an old friend.

"Eomma!"

Junghyun immediately caught her attention as the now three-year old ran towards her. He looked really dashing in his monochromatic tux. Though his tiny bow looked a little crooked. His tiny hands held a long stemmed rose and sheepishly handed it to her.

"Thank you baby," she said and kissed his chubby cheeks—giving his aunt Jennie and Chaeyoung a run for their money. "Where'd you get this?"

With a cute grin, the toddler turned towards a particular direction and pointed. She can't help herself but smile as the guy standing across the hall gave her a sly wink.