episode 9: who are you?

💎

"What the fuck?!" Jungkook exclaimed at the fuming Lisa. But instead of answering him, the gray-haired girl walked pass him. But he wasn't having it. "Surely you have a good reason for hitting me, Lalisa Kim."

"I don't have to," she hissed removing his hand from her arm. "Those pictures you sent out were good enough. But joke's on you. I don't give a damn whether you ruin my reputation or what. By all means, tell those reporter friends of yours that I've had sex with you. You'd get more money out of it, believe me."

"What the fuck are you even talking about?"

Lisa snarled. "Don't play innocent on me, Jeon. You're the only one who had those pictures. You even blackmailed me with them."

"The pictures?" He asked. "You took my phone, Lisa. I don't even have copies of it."

"And you expect me to believe that?" She folded her arms over her chest. "Who blackmails someone with pictures and doesn't make multiple copies? Come on. Lie better. You're a professional."

"I didn't send them," he insisted. "I know you broke up with him so what use would those photos be to me?"

Lisa composed herself before turning back to Jungkook. "Whatever. You did me a favor. Maybe this can finally earn me a ticket out of this godforsaken family—"

"Lisa."

She froze. Judging by the tone, the head of household seemed fairly calm. And that was scarier. That meant she had something thought out. That meant she's so pissed that she herself did something to smoothen out the mess those pictures created.

Slowly, Lisa faced her grandmother.

"It was photoshopped," she blurted out earning a raised eyebrow from Chairman Kim. Inside her mind, she scolded herself. The shock short-circuited her brain.

"I heard you two aren't together anymore so it would be no use if I fire Secretary Min," the elder woman said. "Setting aside his poor taste in women, he's excellent at his job and he's the only functioning brain in YK at the moment."

"Yes," she answered back as she quickly recovered from shock. "He does have poor taste in women because he dumped the most perfect girl—me."

The chairwoman ignored her clap back and handed her a small envelope.

"Be sure to attend the YK Charity Gala," she said before passing her. Then she stopped and eyed Jungkook. "Bring this man along. I don't want you bringing one of the Jungs as your date."

And then she entered Jin's study.

"Wow. Now I'm sure you're not adopted," Jungkook commented making Lisa roll her eyes and leave. "So I'm guessing I need to find myself a good suit?"

💎

"The photo was shot from a different angle, Lis," Hoseok said as he pointed towards the laptop screen displaying her rather intimate moment with Yoongi. "And it looks like this was shot with a professional camera. Not like the ones I deleted from the phone you gave me."

Lisa bit her nail. If it wasn't Jungkook, who did? Was she followed?

"We were careful, Hobi. And we're basically unknown in New York so it's impossible for those paparazzi to take these."