episode 12: the husband

💭

"Where tf is he, Jeon? I don't have much time, you know," Lisa said impatiently as she tapped her foot on the floor. "I'm supposed to be in a meeting in ten minutes."

"If only I knew you'd be this excited to be married to me I would've asked you the first time we've met," Jungkook teased. He was sitting beside her at the waiting room making it easier for her to smack him on the arm.

"As if," she spat. "This is just to save my family's ass from grandma's mess. I should've known that guy wasn't to be trusted. My gut is always right."

"You can't blame your grandmother," he said. "The info was well hidden. And the plan was well-thought out. It's just that he messed with the wrong granddaughter."

"I'd say thank you but I paid," she replied grinning. "By the way, why do you need 200 million won? I thought you had money? You even said you earned your first billion in high school."

"As a group we did. But a lot can happen in seven years," he said shrugging.

"Did you gamble? Or get scammed?"

Jungkook suddenly got serious. "Can't tell you. It's confidential."

"I'll be your wife, Jeon. At least share to me what you'll do with the money I paid you—"

"What I do with the money is none of your business."

Lisa was caught off guard. She never saw this side of Jungkook since the day they've first met.

"Hey guys," DK suddenly said walking towards them. "Sorry it took a while. Here's your marriage certificate. You two are now officially Mr. and Mrs. Jeon Jungkook."

DK shook her hand as she stood up.

"Thanks for your help, DK," she said smiling.

"You paid me so no need to say thank you," he said grinning. "It's about time for our team to finally have a girl in it."

💎

"Everyone, I'd like you to meet my husband," Lisa said smirking. "Jeon Jungkook."

"No fucking way," Taehyung blurted out—straight towards the microphone in a very amused tone.

"Our marriage was registered around a month ago," she explained as Jungkook stood beside her. She folded her arms over her chest and looked straight towards Sehun. "You thought you could trick me? Please. I never trusted you the moment we've met. You may look good but not that good. I've seen a lot of more handsome men than you and they can't even last a second in my presence."

"You think you've gotten away with this?" Sehun spat. "SS Group's merger is cancelled since it's stated in the contract that it's only valid under our marriage. Your company would fall—"

"Yes but you might be forgetting something very important," she said as she clung onto the arm of her husband. "You gave me 15% of your company's share. And I don't recall any fine print or stipulation regarding that particular addition to the document. So that mean, with or without the marriage, I now own 15% of SS Group."