episode 24: in our blood

💎

"Well that's a weird hairdo."

Jin jumped as he got startled by her sister's sudden voice. He turned to the couch inside his office and there he saw Lisa sitting there with Namjoon.

"Kamjagi—are you two planning to kill me or something?" he asked as he brushed his hair with his hand.

"Welcome to the world of parenthood, oppa," she said as she stood up, taking one cup of coffee from the table and giving it to him. "This, my big brother, is your new best friend."

"Thanks," he said taking it. "What brings you to my office this early? Don't you have your own company to run?"

"I do, but, I heard the board's not actually pleased by the current stocks of YK," she said motioning Namjoon to come closer. "But I, being the best sister in the whole wide world, have come up with a solution that would basically guarantee a jump to the number one spot."

Jin forehead creased as he took the folder from Namjoon.

"I asked Namjoon oppa for next year's supposed to be products that could be sped up in production," she started off. "I don't see much innovation though. But, we can use a new software version to stall us before we release the next flagship."

"A new version of the OS?" he asked—his full attention on the paper. "This is risky, Lali. It may cause us issues, bugs and—"

"If we don't take risks now, when will we?" She countered. "Oppa, trust me. I'm currently in the software industry and bugs are a common thing that can be fixed through updates. But after running some tests and running it through a few developers from the 97, I'm sure there will only be minimal issues."

"And we need this, Jin," Namjoon interjected. "We need a new branding. A new face. And that's you. The board may not agree to it but you have to make them see that you are the company."

Jin just stared blankly at the folder. After everything that has happened, everything he found out from having a long lost brother to the real reason why their mother died, he had come to a realization.

"Lali, I don't need that," he said handing the document back to her.

"Oppa, I know it's not my place but, I just wanted to help—"

Jin smiled at his sister. "I don't need to prove myself, Lali."

The younger girl's forehead creased.

"Jin..."

He heaved a sigh before placing a hand on her shoulder.

"I'll be fine, Lali," he said. "Trust me."

A few days ago--right after Jisoo gave birth, he rushed back to the hospital suite to tell them that he was now a father to a gorgeous baby girl. But before he could even enter, he heard everything. Mr. Choi almost succeeding in replacing him, his grandmother giving the Chair position to Lisa and his sister screaming saying she refused to.

All his life he wanted to prove to his grandma that he was good enough. He thought he had proven her when she told him she's giving the position to him. But it seems like she didn't really trust him.