episode 25: bae sooyoung

💎

"I didn't mean it, Joon. I swear. I... It was an accident—"

"Accident?! So your underwear just happened to fall off?! How could you!"

"Joon I'm so sorry—"

"Don't touch m—Sooyoung!"

Namjoon bolted upright as beads of sweat formed on his forehead. Each night, memories from that faithful evening grow vividly in his dreams. Reminding him of something he should never forget.

"Namjoon!" He heard Yoongi's voice by his door as he knocked. "Joon. Open up."

Brushing his hair with both hands he contemplated whether to open the door or not.

Too late. He has a key.

"Joon," he said opening the door and walking towards him. Behind him was Nayeon with the same concerned eyes. "What happened? Are you okay?"

"I'm... I'm fine, hyung," he said forcing himself to look fine. "I uh... I lost in the game. Right. The game Lisa's company developed. I kinda got addicted to it."

Yoongi's forehead creased as he turned to his girlfriend who had the same expression. They don't believe him.

"I swear, hyung," he said. "I'm fine. It's just a game."

The older one let out a sigh. "Fine. We'll head back to our room. If there's something wrong, Joon. You can tell me."

"I will, hyung. But I'm really fine. Sorry if I woke you two up," he said turning to Nayeon.

Yoongi patted his brother's shoulder lightly before he and Nayeon went back to their room. Namjoon heaved a sigh.

It's been years but he still can't forget what had happened.

Bae Sooyoung...

She was perfect. Smart, beautiful, carefree and kind. Everyone around her adored her. Including Jin. He fell hopelessly in love with him. But she didn't. Bae Sooyoung only had one man in her life and it wasn't Jin. It was him.

Their relationship started when he was hired by her parents to tutor her after her classes In the university. They hit it off and they began dating in secret because her parents didn't want her to date someone like him. Someone who was middle-class.

Things went by smoothly until Jin got into the picture. He continuously pursued Sooyoung but she would always turn him down. Even when he was with Jennie, he still kept asking her on a date. She would always politely decline him but not once did she say she was dating someone else. Until...

"It's just one date, Joon. We'll just have a quick dinner and it all ends there. I can't refuse since mom and dad forced me to. They work for his dad..."

He sighed.

At first he had thought it was okay since he trusted her and he was starting to get busy with his internship—in Jin's family's company, and all but the 'one time' thing suddenly became 'frequent'. The "forced" suddenly became voluntary.

He forced himself to believe in her even though everyone said the two were already dating each other. He knew Sooyoung would never hurt him like that. That their love transcends all obstacles and all the stupid shit kids believe when they're in love.