episode 11: out-con the 97

💎

"So what do you have for me?" Jungkook looked grim as his old time buddy DK sat across him. DK—also known as Dokyeom—not his real name by the way, had been friends with him for years. And he is the best investigator there is. The guy can dig up dirt like he was born to do so.

"His father isn't Oh Suhoon," DK said as he handed him an envelope. "He was adopted at the age of 14 after his biological father got convicted for embezzlement."

Jungkook took out the files and read through it.

"What company?"

"YK," he answered said straightforwardly. "His father was Song Hosung, a former financial manager of YK."

"I did a little research myself, Dokyeom. There were no records of his adoption whatsoever. And, his name's all over the elementary school yearbook I had my hands on—"

DK halted as an unknown female—with her arms folded, suddenly walked towards them.

"This better be good, Jeon. I have tons of things to prepare for the goddamned wedding," she mumbled as she sat next to Jungkook. "It's fucking stressful to cram everything up in a month."

"Not wasting time, I see," Jungkook said nodding. "Anyways, doll, this is my friend, DK, a.k.a the best private investigator in the world. DK, the one and only Lalisa Kim of YK Group—"

"—formerly," she corrected and proceeded to shake hands with the guy sitting across her. "You're friends with Jeon, right? But why do you look so trustworthy?"

This made the guy laugh and Jungkook scowl.

"Finally!" DK blurted out. "Someone immune to the notorious Jeon Jungkook's charm. You, ma'am, are a legend."

"I wouldn't be too sure about that—aw!"

Lisa kicked him violently under the table. Then she smiled at DK.

"So, how'd you meet this wackodoodle?"

"We've been friends for almost 7 years," he said. "I kinda know every shady thing this guy did since middle school."

"Don't tell me he's been conning people 7 years ago?"

This made DK turn to Jungkook who just shrugged.

"OMG you're part of the 97?!"

The 97, as Jungkook shared with Lisa, was a group of con-artists with different specialized skills that created the perfect scams—all '97 liners. They even managed to acquire their first billion way back in 2013 with some of them barely even sixteen.

"You know about the 97?" he asked wide-eyed. Then he threw a deathly glare towards Jungkook. "It was supposed to be a secret."

"It was?" he said feigning innocence. "I didn't know."

Rolling his eyes, he then turned to Lisa.

"Yes, ma'am. I was. I don't know the limit of information you acquired from this baboon but I assure you, it was all for a good cause," he explained making Lisa chuckle.