Chapter 32

Chapter 32

"YOU look fucked up."

"I don't give a damn anymore, Sir."

Silver Rain Mijares chuckled a little. He poured another shot to the emptied glass and gave it back to Theo. They've been drinking for an hour now.

"That's something new about you. I never expected a Theo Montreal can be uprooted that easily," the old Mijares commented. It made Theo fall into silence for few seconds.

"I'm sorry that she has to pretend as my nephew's wife. Siya lang ang puwedeng--"

"With all due respect, Sir, I don't want to hear about that damn thing anymore."

Silver nodded his head in approval. He sipped from his glass as he stared intently at Theo. The latter is totally messed up, he can tell. Guilt passed by his conscience. He felt responsible for the pain felt by the former. Ngunit wala naman siyang magagawa dahil hindi na niya maaring balikan ang lahat. If he just had taken precaution for his every move, this will not happen for sure.

"My apologies. I just wanted to help."

"Thanks for all the help, Sir-- but it won't matter now. She didn't choose me anyway. Mas importante sa kanya ang misyon at paniniwala niya. At gusto kong pagsisihan na hindi ko agad sinabi sa kanya ang lahat."

"Do you think she will choose you if you suddenly appeared in front of her and told her everything?" the Mijares reverted back. Umiling-iling si Theo. He wasn't sure. When it comes to Arianne, everything is accompanied by a big question mark. Siguro dahil hindi niya na rin alam kung ano ba talaga ang lugar niya sa puso ng dalaga.

"I don't know Anymore, Sir. My apologies about my words. I'm just thinking if we did not trap her in falsified mission, don't you think she'll trust me?"

"Kahit pagbaliktarin pa natin ang sitwasyon, iho, gagawin at gagawin ko pa rin iyon. I promised to her brother that I will give her back to you. That's why I had to plan that mission so she will naturally fall in love with you even if she did not know anything about her past. We succeeded, remember? She fell for you even if she knew she needs to send you to jail."

"But she hated me when she discovered the truth. Marahil iyon ang dahilan kaya hindi niya lubusang ipinagkakatiwala ang sarili niya sa 'kin. She's saying that she loves me but her actions are totally opposite. She's too distant that I don't know how to win her back anymore. Kung alam ko lang na ang Jerome na iyon ang magiging dahilan para piliin na naman niya ang kanyang misyon, I should have killed that bastard when I first laid my eyes on him." Theo gritted his teeth. Humigpit ang pagkahawak niya sa kopita.

"That's the thing that I will surely stop you from doing . Pinsan siya ng kasintahan ng pamangkin ko. Even if I hated him to the core, I had to keep him alive for Allenda's sake. Hindi magandang kami ang dahilan ng pagkamuhi ng kanilang angkan sa amin. I already made a mistake in the past, iho. I don't want to repeat the history. Ayaw kong maranasan ng pamangkin ko ang naranasan ko noon. It was hell, I'm telling you."

Nakuha ang atensyon ni Theo dahil sa sinabi ng matandang Mijares. They're actually good friends. Nagpapasalamat siya't dahil sa kanya ay nalaman niyang nandito lang pala sa Pilipinas si Arianne. Kaya't pumayag siyang makipagsabwatan dito. Alam niya lahat simula't sapol. Bago pa man sila nagkita noon ni Arianne sa tapat ng isang coffee shop ay alam niya nang mag-a-apply ito sa kanya ng trabaho. All their plans were looped to him, sa tulong din nina Leigh at Salazar.

"Would you mind telling me what happened?" ani Theo. Silver Rain Mijares is one hell of a mysterious man. Kahit matanda na ito'y matinik pa rin magmanipula ng mga bagay-bagay. That's why he's looking up to him. Ito rin ang dahilan kaya naging Intelligence Analyst siya.