GHOSTED

Grayson Bailey
Monday

"So...what? have you just been avoiding him all weekend?" Riley asks me, her brows crossed and a confused expression lying on her face. "No, I just- okay yeah I've been avoiding him. But things got awkward when I woke up, he left with no warning and sent me some grubby text that said 'sorry had to go', and we haven't spoke since" I explain.

Truth is, I'm scared to text him, when I kissed him it felt so real and passionate that it scared me. I don't want to fall for someone that I barely know, there's still so much more to find out about each other.

"Well don't you guys eat lunch together everyday now?" She asks, scribbling on her notebook. "Yeah, but I don't know if I should show up or not" I hesitate making her snap her neck towards me, "now you wanna ghost him? No way in hell, I'm not letting that happen. You guys kissed, it's not that big of a deal. Maybe he had something important come up and that's why he left like that" Riley convinces me.

"You're right, maybe I should just let it go, it's not that big of a deal" I agree, the bell rings and I sigh, crummy high school cafeteria here I come.

"I'll catch up with you later, have an English paper due next class" Riley tells me and walks away, wiggling her fingers in my direction. I wave back and grab my bag, heading out of the now empty classroom.

I decided on no lunch today, seeing as I wasn't that hungry and I could just eat the granola bar in my bag. I head around the back of the cafeteria and turn right, seeing Ethan already at the table, typing away on his phone.

"Hey" I greet, sitting down next to him. He looks up and gives me a small smile, shutting off his phone and setting it down. "Thought you ghosted me" he laughs making me flush, "it's not like that. I thought you flaked on me when you left" I tell him and he frowns.

"Never. Friday night was amazing, I wish I wouldn't have left but my mom wanted me home to babysit the twins" he explains, his brows furrowing. "Oh. I'm so sorry, I am a complete asshole." I mumble making him laugh lightly, "it did make you slightly an asshole but it's okay. I forgive you" He remarks making me shake my head.

          "Maybe we should go out for dinner tonight, I promise I'll text you after" Ethan suggests, laughing slightly. I smile up at him, my heart fluttering at the sight. "Yeah sure. There's a diner right by my house that I love" I tell him and he nods, "sounds like a plan." He agrees.

           "I'll pick you up at six?" I ask and he bites his lip, thinking for a moment. "I think seven would be better" he tells me and I nod. "Okay cool" I smile, my heart beating a thousand miles an hour. "It's a date" I confirm and he nods, "well duh" he says making me roll my eyes playfully.

_____________

Recipient- im out front
Read 7:03 PM

     Ethan jogs down the steps of his house quickly and gets into the car. He stays silent, staring out the window, he seemed pretty pissed off, making me frown.

      "You okay?" I ask cautiously, "what if I told you I was the exact opposite of what I said I was?" He asks me theoretically. "What do you mean?" I ask, putting the car in drive and heading for my favorite diner.

        "What if I told you that my mom literally hated me and my little brothers, me and her don't get along, not at all. My little brothers aren't brats, they're not as bad as I said they were, they're angels, so pure and innocent and loving. What if I told you I wasn't even smart? Straight C's, struggles with basic math. And what if I told you that I've never been with a guy before?" He asks, question after question, everything sinks in as he talks.