JOHNNY

Grayson Bailey

My feet were quick, running down the stairs with my open back pack in hand. "You're late" My dad says in a scolding tone, "I know, I know, I'm going. Love you!" I yell, running out the door and into my truck.

I fumble around in my bag for my keys starting up my Ford and backing out of the driveway and off to school. Ethan was practically banned from my house at the moment, my dad came home to a motorcycle in the drive way and a helmet on the floor in the foyer so he wasn't too happy.

I was grounded until next Sunday which was pretty unfortunate but it wasn't too long thankfully. Ethan had been non-stop apologizing but it didn't really bother me, he would be allowed to come over again at some point.

The familiar big buildings came into view as I pulled into the school parking lot. Finding a spot and hopping out of my truck with my bag in hand, running to my class. I was ten minutes late as of now, I ran up the stairs, my legs still aching from Friday night with Ethan.

I opened the door to the library, quickly getting to the front desk and checking myself in as tardy. "Thought you'd never show" a nasally voice startles me. I turn around quickly and smile when I see his milky brown eyes, "What are you doing here?" I ask him, standing up on my tip toes and pecking his lips.

        "I wanted to bring you something as an apology" he holds up an iced coffee, I take it willingly and sip from the straw. A burst of flavor flowing down my throat, "stop apologizing, E. It doesn't matter" I assure him, he kisses me on my cheek and smiles.

       "I got to go, I'll see you after class" he kisses me on the forehead, walking out of the double doors. I take a seat at an empty table, sipping on the Carmel iced coffee, pulling out my Spanish work book and finishing up the weekend's homework.
___________

         "How was class?" Ethan asks me, sitting down at the lunch table. I smiled up at him, "it was goo-" Riley runs up to the table, ducking behind me to shield herself. "Save me" she whisper yells making me furrow my brows.

        Ethan looks at me confusedly, I look up to see her ex walking toward us, oh no, here comes Johnny. "Have you guys seen Riley? I really need to talk to her" Johnny asks us and Ethan shakes his head, "she's in class, Johnny. And no, she does not want to talk to some cheating, lying asshole so leave her alone" I spit, shoving a fry into my mouth.

        Johnny gives me a sad look before turning around and walking back to where he came from. Riley sat on the metal bench next to me, "I am not going back to class" she sighs frustratedly.

          "So he's back?" I ask, giving her a pitiful look. "Yeah. Guys are dumb" she huffs and I nod, "Yeah" I agree.

          "Okay one, what just happened and two, I take offense to that" Ethan interrupts, a confused expression on his face.

          "Johnny is Riley's ex who cheated on her and he left the school a few months ago because of it and now he's back, probably trying to get back with her. Also deal with it" I explain and sass him.

          "He was that one boy who cheated on girls and then dropped them, every girl was treated like royalty until they soon weren't enough. I was dumb enough to think he actually changed for me" Riley adds, a glum look on her face.

           I side hug her and she wraps an arm around my waist, her head laying on my shoulder. This was always the best way to comfort her, especially during break ups, she just needed love and affection.

            "Well he's a dick head and you deserve so much better" Ethan says sympathetically, smiling at her. My heart warmed at his kindness, "Thanks, Ethan" she smiles.

             "Do you guys wanna go bowling or something? I'm not feeling school" Riley suggests, "I'm down" I shrug, Ethan nods agreeing with us.