REMEMBER

Ethan Dolan

*drip* *drip* *drip* *drip* *drip* *drip*

I watched the IV line, the bag slowly becoming less and less full as the liquid entered Grayson's still body. My hands were on my knees as I waited and waited for him to wake, it's been six hours since the accident, since I made the mistake of getting angry and leaving, placing him here, in this lonely depressing hospital room.

Grayson's dad and brother were in the waiting room, catching some rest but I refused to leave in case he woke up. All my tears were cried out but I still felt like sobbing, my heart felt like it was literally broken, like I was all alone.

I hadn't heard from the twins yet, it was really stressing me out, I just want to know if they're okay. Grayson's fingers flinched slightly making me focus all my attention on him, "Grayson" I whisper softly, grabbing onto his hand.

Nothing. He didn't do anything, he just laid there in silence, his face pale, almost lifeless. "Come on I can't lose you too" I whisper, my voice cracking. A small knock sounds at the door and I stand as a nurse walks in, "here to do my rounds" she says sweetly and I nod, sitting back down next to him.

She switched out his IV bags, placing a full one on the hook. "How long have you two been together?" She asks me, checking his heart beat with a stethoscope.

"A few moths now" I answer, excluding our break. "You seem deep" she notices making me chuckle lightly, "Yeah he's one of a kind" I say, looking over at him with astonishment.

She checks his temperature with a swipe of his forehead like they do for babies. "Do you know when he'll wake up?" I ask and she frowns slightly.

"Mr. Dolan, your boyfriend went through a hell of a lot of trauma, the truck he was driving was huge compared to him, what the doctor didn't tell you is that the back of his brain is bleeding, so if he does wake up, there will be a lot of procedures that need to be done. We can't operate until he's fully responsive, right now his heart's beating and that's all we've got" she tells me sympathetically, grabbing onto her cart and pushing it towards the door, "I wish you the best of luck" she tells me, closing the door softly behind her.

My eyes start to soak up again, looking down at him, it looked as if he was frowning which made me want to cry even more. "I'm so sorry" I whisper, kissing the side of his head.

__________

"The clouds are beautiful today" a familiar voice brings me out of my sleep. Grayson's dad and brother sitting in chairs across from me, Grayson sitting up and sipping on what looked like water.

"Grayson" I whisper, immediately rushing to his side, my hands on either side of his face. "Hello" He says cheerfully, my brows furrowing.

"Who are you?" He asks, tilting his head to the side. "I-it's me Ethan" I tell him, Grayson looks up for a moment, "hmm, the guy at the grocery store?" He asks making me shake my head, confusion filling my body.

"Ethan" EJ calls, I look over at him with hurt spread across my face. "He can't remember anything from after about two years ago. It's from the brain damage, the doctor just left" he tells me, tears immediately filling my eyes.

"No, he remembers me, he has to. Grayson, remember? I texted you on accident, you called me cocky, and we ran into each other at school and then we had lunch and- and the park! We just went to the park the other day, remember?" I ask him the questions, he looks at me confused for a moment, his face returning to normal.