TURTLE MAN

Grayson Bailey

Ethan and I were in the living room, my dad was in his office and EJ was taking an exam for his college class. I gladly made fun of him for having to go to school on a Saturday.

I turned on some music, the TV speakers blasting it, I would probably get in trouble but oh well. Ethan stood up from the couch and held his hand out making me furrow my brows.

"Come on, you love this song, let's dance" he refers to the Melanie Martinez song with a wide smile. I take his hand and he pulls me up, pulling me into his chest.

My right and his left hand were linked, my free hand resting on his shoulder while his was on my waist. We danced slowly, just looking into each other's eyes, when the song picked up he let go of my waist and spun me, pulling me back into him.

We both laughed, Ethan started singing the words to me, "wanna ride my bike with you, fully undressed, no training wheels left for you, and I'm falling hard for you" he sings into my ear, I rested my head on his chest, dancing slowly again as I listened to his fast heart beat.

"You're so beautiful" Ethan whispered, no matter how much he told me it always made me blush and fluster up. "You always tell me that" I whisper back, Ethan lifts my head with his index finger, letting go of me. "That's because you always deserve to hear it" He whispers, kissing my forehead sweetly.

Ethan kissed my lips passionately, his hand on my cheek as I wrapped my arms around his torso. I got lost in the kiss, we just stood there for what seemed like eternity, sharing sweet innocent kisses.

"Ahem" a cleared throat sounds through the air making me step away from Ethan. I see my dad raising his brows at me, I start to turn red, looking at Ethan for help. "Sorry, sir, we got a little carried away" Ethan apologizes.

My dad laughs shortly, "wouldn't be a first" He remarks, now both Ethan and I were red and embarrassed. I quickly turned off the music and grabbed Ethan's hand, "is it okay if we go to the park?" I ask and my dad nods.

"You aren't allowed on that bike though" my dad says in a scolding tone, "we'll just walk" I shrug and he nods.

Me and Ethan get our shoes on and walk out the front door into the cool, refreshing air. We walked down the side walk, the park was about five minutes away, I hadn't been there since I met Ethan.

"So..." Ethan starts, shoving his hands into his pockets. "What?" I ask and he blushes lightly making me confused. "What do you think about prom? Like do you care for it?" He asks making me furrow my brows.

Honestly I didn't know because I had never been, "um...I've never gone to a dance" I say awkwardly and he nods. "But like, would you be willing to go?" He asks and I shrug, "I mean yeah" I answer and he nods.

Was he gonna ask me? Was that him asking? I'm so confused right now. The yellow slide came into view as we turned the corner, the matching swing sets right next to it.

This park was almost always empty, maybe because we had no kids in my neighborhood. "It's kind of abandoned" Ethan laughs and I nod, agreeing, "it's like this a lot" I inform him.

I walked up to the swings and took a seat on the strong rubber, Ethan sitting in the one next to me. I pushed myself back, kicking my legs back and forth, swinging higher and higher.

Neither of us spoke as we swung, just enjoyed the nature and quietness. It was always so peaceful here, I would come when I was upset or stressed out.

"It's almost silent here, I like it" Ethan speaks, "Yeah, I love it here" I agree with him, dangling my legs as the seat swung itself for a little bit. The swing slowed down and my feet dragged across the mulch, quickly I stopped myself, Ethan soon after.

         "What do you wanna do?" I ask, "I don't know" Ethan mumbles, looking around with wonder-filled eyes. Ethan gets up and heads over to the big twisty slide, climbing up the black metal stairs, I follow after him.

        He sits down in front of the slide, his back against it as he looked up at the sky with a small smile. "Come watch the clouds" he suggests, patting his lap.

         I place my butt between his thighs on the metal, leaning my head back against his chest. It was so quiet, peace and warmth filled the air, watching the fluffy clouds move slowly, forming different shapes.

         "That one looks like a turtle" I point up to a cloud that was to the right of us. "I thought I was the turtle" Ethan says glumly making me confused, "huh?" I ask, looking at him.

         He pulls his lips inward, his nostrils widening, looking exactly like a turtle which made me bust out laughing. "Oh my god" I wheeze, almost crying from how funny it was.

         "You're literally Turtle Man, what the heck?" I laugh, wiping my eyes, hiccuping slightly as my giggles calm down. Ethan laughs at me, kissing the top of my head, looking back up at the sky.

"Look, it's a heart" Ethan points somewhere in the sky, my eyes following his finger. It did in fact look like a heart, but it also looked like two people hugging or kissing. "I see two people" I whisper, "isn't that what a heart is made of?" He asks making me smile.

Ethan grabs my hand, bringing it up to his face and holding my palm against his cheek. "I love you" Ethan murmurs, my smile ear to ear, "I love you too" I whisper, turning my hand so our fingers intertwine.

We stayed like this for a good hour, talking about the clouds and sky, how each cloud was different and represented something. We talked about love and how magical it really was, my feelings for him grew even deeper, running through my bloodstream.

__________
A/N- short but sweet, also a filler and u guys deserve more cause I didn't upload for a few days, sorry bout that...

I also don't have an edit for Grethan but I made a Grethma one cause I love their friendship