OD

Grayson Dolan

     "So you guys are back together? Just like that?" Riley asks, twirling her pencil in her fingers. "I mean, we talked it out, he told me everything" I sigh and she purses her lips, "but don't you think he told you everything a little too late?" She questions, scribbling a few notes down in her notebook from the Chem lesson.

          "To be fair I did ignore him for like two weeks and never let him explain" I defend him and she nods. "If he hurts you I'll kill him" she threatens making me chuckle, "if he hurts me it would never be on purpose" I tell her and she shrugs, "still" she stands her ground making me shake my head.

          Ethan didn't show at school today, I texted him but no reply which made me kind of anxious. The bell rang loudly throughout the school, signaling it was time to go, I quickly packed up my stuff, exiting the classroom and leaving Riley behind.

"Gray!" I hear her call once I'm out the door. I turn my head to see her running towards me, "Can I come over later?" She asks and I nod, "Yeah, imma go check up on E, though so just text me" I tell her and she nods, walking the other way towards her locker.

Recipient- you okay?

I shoot Ethan a quick text, getting in my truck and starting it up, backing out the parking lot. I find my self taking a left instead of a right, driving into Ethan's neighborhood, down the familiar street.

His house popped up at the end, his bike in the driveway making me confused. I pulled up next to his bike, parking and getting out of the truck cautiously. I run up the steps, raising my fist and knocking on the metal door.

No one answers making me worry, suspicion eating at my stomach, something was wrong. "Yo!" I yell, banging on the door, hoping someone would hear me. Fuck it. I took my chances and turned the knob, entering the deadly silent house.

It seemed as if no one was here, "Ethan?" I call, looking around the messy house. I jogged up the stairs quickly, heading up to his room, I turned the knob, it stopping abruptly making me sigh.

"Of course it's locked" I mumble, I knock on the door lightly at first. "Eyou in there?" I ask, the door swings open, startling me.

"What are you doing here?" Ethan asks, his face red and puffy, "what happened?" I ask, tears stained his cheeks. "You need to go" he says in a demanding tone making me shake my head.

"Babe, talk to me" I encourage, pushing myself into his room. Ethan steps aside as I look around, broken glass everywhere, his books on the floor, family pictures destroyed. I noticed my picture torn on his bed making me frown. "Oh" I whisper, picking up the paper that was now in two.

"Grayson" he whispers, "no I get it" I shrug him off of me, placing the papers down. "She's dead" He whispers, my brows furrowing. "Who?" I ask and he looks at me in the eyes, waiting for me to get it.

"Your mom?" I ask and he nods, "Wait. Where are the twins? How did she die? Where is she?" I spit out the questions making tears rush to his eyes again.

"The twins are in a tutoring session at school, she overdosed I assume, her body is in her room. I haven't called the police yet" he explains making my heart practically stop.

"E, we have to call 911" I pull out my phone and he shakes his head, "they'll take the twins away, I can't take custody, I'm not applicable" he tells me, grabbing onto my phone.

"The twins will be fine, let go" I demand, snatching the phone and dialing 911. "911, what's your emergency?" The operator asks.

"This is Grayson Bailey, my boyfriends mom apparently overdosed and her body is in her room. We need an officer immediately" I explain the situation. "Okay we're sending someone out, how long has she been there?" The operator asks.