Chapter Six

Autumn's pov

" Are you deaf or what" she just shoved herself inside. I closed the door and followed them inside, the girl was holding her toy to her chest and Mom was carrying her bags.

" What the hell is going on here" I said but regretted it when I realised a minor was in the room

" You might want to sit down and hear this" mom said and I reluctantly sat down.

" This is Kendall April S.A, she will be staying with you"

" What the fu...." I remembered that she's still here then I said " and why would I do that?"

" Because she's your daughter"

" What did you fucking say??!!!!"

" You heard me right, she's the daughter you had and I was looking for her for the past seven years when I found out she wasn't dead"

" Buuut you told me she was dead, no I can't believe this"

" So I thought you would like to have her back" then she stood up to leave.

" Can I talk to you for a minute" she added and I followed her to the porch,

" April's foster mother is dead, she's still traumatized by it so she doesn't talk for the main time, you have to give her time to open up, she's seven years old." Mom said and added "I will be leaving now"

" But I was told that she died, how come she's alive, wait did you kill her foster mother??" I eyed her suspiciously

" I will never do that!!! How dear you Saph" she gasped

" Cut the drama mom, we all know what you are capable of"

" I am going I won't stand here I listen to you disrespect me " and she left, I couldn't resist the urge to roll my eyes.

After my mom left I was facing April,I didn't know what to say, I just sat down looking at her and she looked at the floor.

" Are you hungry??" I asked wiping my sweaty palms on my demi jeans, whoa no one told me that talking to a seven year old, can make you so nervous. She shook her head.
" Okay" I said, I stood up and walked around a bit. "Will you take your bath before sleeping??" She nodded.

Thankfully, Aunty Rachel, decorated a bedroom for a child both feminine and masculine, so I have no problems but to just show April the room.

" I will run a bath for you, I will be right back" and I went upstairs.

I ran downstairs taking the stairs two at a time, when I heard someone scream, I saw Alexis looking at April with confusion. Immediately she saw me, she said

" Thank goodness, I thought someone took you and replaced you with a mini you, who is she"

" Calm down Lexxy, she's my daughter, I guess" I said it more to myself.

" April, honey can you go upstairs and wait for me I want to talk to Anuty Alexis for a bit, I will be right there" immediately she was out of earshot I told Alexis all about my mom coming with the girl and all

" What the hell??"

" I have to go and go take a bath you reek" and I ran upstairs and I met April sitting on the floor.

" Comon sweetie let's go get that bath" she jumped when I touched her then I knew that something was.

" Are you okay??" I asked her she nodded and held her doll a little tighter. I have to figure out what was wrong with her .