Chapter Twenty

Autumn's pov

It went on for a while and we laughed. We were still laughing at Randy, then Kincaid said

"My turn, Autumn how did you feel when you were pregnant?" Everyone became silent and I froze.

"Autumn is married?" Randy asked
Not everyone in East High knew.

"No she isn't, are you Autumn?" Kincaid said

"You're being a jerk Caid" Stanley said, I stood up, I didn't leave and I didn't sit.

"Kincaid please leave us" Astrad said and he stood up with a smirk and left and I followed him I have to know what his problem is.

"Can someone tell me what the hell just happened" Randy said as I walked away

"Kincaid, what the hell is your problem, why are you being such a jerk" I asked with a teary voice

"Oh, you want to play the victim, maybe it's because you're with us in this trip or its because I wished I never knew you."

"You're a jerk, I can't believe I..."

"You know what I want?, I never want to see you anymore, I don't need you in my life" and he left I broke down and cried I felt someone's arms around me and I looked and saw Kyle.

"Shhhhh, it's okay, he's just being an asshole" I thanked him because he literally carried me to my room.

"Thanks Kyle"

"Don't mention" he said and left and I cried myself to sleep

I woke up with a heavy headache and I have no aspirin, I checked the time it was 9:16pm, I texted Astrad that I can't make the party and I went back to bed. Someone knocked and I went to check. I opened the door and saw Kyle. I left the door open and went back to bed.

"Hey, you're not going to the party?"

"Naaa, I just want to get some rest I think I will fly back to New York tomorrow" he came towards my bed and sat on it

"Autumn, Kincaid is trying to break you, I don't know why but I know that's what he is doing"

"Kyle, I don't want to talk about it"

"This may sound funny but throughout my 3years marriage with Lara, I learnt something from her, she thought me that know matter how someone breaks you, you should stand up even if the person actually broke you"

"What do you mean?"

"Kincaid wants to break you and he did. He is happy, so why don't you break that happiness by being strong"

"How?" I whispered as fresh tears rolled down my eyes, I can't believe that I spent more than five years resenting Kyle while he's here comforting me today.

"You stand and dress up and storm that party" he stands up and moved to the door he brought out a big shopping bag and handed it over to me.

I smiled and took it, "Kyle you didn't have to" I opened it and saw a lovely red dress and  red heels and some makeup, a tablet of aspirin anda crate of egg. I brought the egg out and he quickly says

"Another thing I learnt from Lara,eggs lessens swollen eyes.

I laughed and rubbed my eyes, "As selfish as I may sound Autumn, I'm doing this to make peace with you"

"That's not selfish Kyle, you weren't yourself then remember?"

"Autumn, I know that Lara filed for a divorce and I love her" he said