Chapter Ten

Autum's pov

April was standing on Kincaid's shoulders while Kincaid walked around the room.

" Looks like you guys are having a lot of fun" I said and they noticed me..... Kincaid dropped April and she went upstairs.

"Are you guys fighting??" Kincaid asked me

" No we're not" I said confused

" Then why did she run up like that"

" I don't know....she can't speak, she went through a trauma and she can't speak"

" But she spoke to me" he said frowning

" Then why won't she speak to me"

" I guess that's your thing to find out, I gotta run now"

" Thank you Kincaid, and you might be...."

" Look Autumn whenever you're ready to tell me what's going on I will be here for you"

" Thanks Kincaid.....let me walk you to your car"

***************************************

After walking Kincaid, I came into the house and I went to April's room I was determined to have a conversation with her and she needs to speak to me.

" Hey A, can I come in if I can knock twice if I can't knock once" I said softly outside her door

I heard two nervous knocks from the other side of the door.
I opened the door.

" Hey baby, I wanted to make sure you're okay, and I have an important stuff I want to talk about, it's your schooling I will really love it if you continued your education"

" I know it's too early but I can't risk leaving you in a house like this alone, so will you like to resume school"

She nods and smiles...I shifted close to her and hugged her and she hugged me back. 'At least we're getting somewhere'.

" Goodnight" I kissed her forehead and turned to leave when I heard or imagined I don't really know

" Goodnight" I turned to face her and she repeated it "Goodnight...uhm sweet dreams"

" Sweet dreams too sweetie....I love you" I quickly left the room before she sees the tears in my eyes

***************************************

Kincaid's pov

I picked up the phone to call Mark, he answered on first ring

" Hey Caid, I was just about to call you, I got news on Dally"

" Okay what's up"

" Dally's foster mother was addicted to drugs, she had anger issues...this might be kind of tough but I gotta add this, she didn't adopt Dally from orphanage"

" What do you mean??"

" Someone paid her monthly to take care of Dally..."

" Were you able to find out who paid her"

" Not yet but I will get on it"

" Okay,keep me updated, thanks a lot"

" And Kincaid you might want to hear this... she was murdered, she did not die of heart attack"

" Dally??"

" No her foster mother"

" Thanks again Mark"

This chapter is short... but the drama starts soon...don't forget to vote and comment 💜.