Chapter Twenty-six

Third persons pov

1985 Greenville

A young girl stood by the window and watched as a boy was weeding the garden.

"Rachael why do you like looking at that poor gardener's son?" another little girl laying on the bed said

"Hush Ruby!! Mama said she will set you straight if you speak ill of Thomas and his father" she said and went back to her staring

"You are quite young to be thinking about boys"

"I am in my tenth year, Ruby" Rachel ran to the bed and sat beside Ruby

"Do you think he would notice my bosom? Mama told me I was getting bosomy"

"Oh Rachel you should dream about marrying a rich man, not some peasant" she went back to the window eyeing her sister

The boy looked up an smiled at her and she blushed slightly and smiled back shyly.

That evening the Harrington family were eating their dinner.

"Rachel you will be going off for your voyage to New York city next week"

"Mama I made it clear that I didn't want to go"

"You must go sweet, Ruby would stay back"

"But Mama..."

"Shush girl you're leaving for New York next week and that final"

"Yes Mama"

It was late in the night with the moon illuminating the yard of the big Harrington house. Thomas was standing there waiting for Rachel

Rachel came out and whispered, "Small T" he turned around and saw her.

"Hey Chelly" she blushed

"I will be going off to New York city next week, for my studies"

"Oh" was all he could say

"I promise to write you always and my sister is here too"

"All Ruby does is upset me"

"No she won't I promise, don't you ever think about falling for her!!" She warned

"I promise I won't"

1991 Greenville

Ruby was watching Thomas from the window. He was shirtless and she could see the biceps and the sweet muscles, how she would love to trace those muscles as she's under him making love with him.

Damn puberty did hit him hard,she thought. She was in her night gown so she rushed downstairs with mama away and Rachel coming back tomorrow this is the perfect time to do it.

"Thomas!"

"Yes ma'am" he turned around and she almost fainted.

"Stop the formalities call me Ruby, uhmm can you help me in my room for awhile?"

"Yes, Let me get my shirt first"

"No you're okay the way you are"

They went upstairs into Ruby's room and there Ruby seduced him and they had sex with each other.

The next day Rachel came back very happy to be home. Mrs Harrington threw a big welcome party. The ballroom was sparkling when the party started.

I hate parties, Rachel thought. The party ended quickly and Rachel was waiting for Thomas at their usual position. But when she was waiting, Thomas was crying inside his room. He never meant to betray Rachel. How will she feel that was what ran through his head.