Chapter Nine

Eight years ago

Kincaid's pov

She's avoiding me, but why??. After Calculus I went to find Autumn, I found her in the study area with some people. I approached her,  'she seems happy, but why the hell is she avoiding me'.

" Hey Autumn" she looked up and frowned.

" Hey, I didn't see you there, she said then turned to the people she's talking with and said "guys let's finish this later, okay??"  They all got the clue and left.

" Something tells me that you're avoiding me, is the thing right??" I said as I sat down.

" Uhmm, you're graduating next year, so I thought you will be in a hot seat, you know, studying hard" she says drawing circle with her pinkie on her palm. I noticed it and I took her hands in mine and looked into her beautiful eyes.

" Whatever the problem is Aut, you can tell me, I don't like it when people keep things from me"

" Fine, Lara told me that she's betrothed to you"

" Lara??, No she isn't, she's betrothed to Kyle"

" Oh" I drew circles with my thumb on her hand .

" Is that all??"

" Yes"

" And am sorry for how I treated you the other day, I had no right to be angry with you"

" No it's okay, I was also at fault, I should have just faced you....I was so...you what am......... what??" She said when she saw me staring at her.

" It's just that you look so cute, when you chatter"

" Thanks"

" Why do you like taking back your laugh or blush, it's not healthy for the skin" I stood up and kissed her forehead, " I will see you later, I have football practice"

" Okay, see you later"

Autumn's pov

I watched him exit the study area, 'damn it Aut get you shit together who exactly do you like??'  I should have asked him about Vanessa, but Lara said he loves obsessively, I gotta meet Susan, I can't be in a school for 4 years and still be lost in some stories.

I entered The White and Black, the school newspaper, I saw Suzy sitting facing her laptop.

" Hey Suz"

" Have you changed your mind??"

" No, but I came for a favouor" Suzy have been asking me to join The White and Black, since last month.

" What do you want??"

" There's a certain Vanessa I want to know about"

" There are many Vanessas in Eastside High, which one do you want to know about" okay doesn't she face the person she's talking to?, She has been facing her laptop, since I walked in.

" Am talking about the one that has a past, according to Avery she said that they call her  ' The Vanessa'"
She turns her chair to face me, finally!!

" Autumn, if you want to know about her, you have to join us, that story is classified, since it affects a student here, Principal Hoppins made the story a top top secret"

" So you're saying, you can't access the story??"

" Yes"

" If you can't, then how can I when I join, you're the president of this club"