Chapter Fourteen

Autumn's pov

" Hey Aut" Alexis greeted once I opened the door

" Hey Lex" I head to my room, once inside I locked the door and I hit the shower

Twenty minutes in the shower and thirty spent looking for the right cloth to wear at home, arghh I hate staying at home. I settled with joggers and sports bra. Grabbed my phone and went downstairs

"Hey Bitch" Alexis said, she's always in front of the television

" Where's April?" I settle on the sofa.

" Probably in the kitchen, the girl is magic in the kitchen"

I laughed "Want to watch her cook?"

" I will pass" she said clicking her tongue

Typical Alexis loves food hate kitchen duty, I stood up and went to the kitchen, I saw April standing on a stool and turning the contents of the pot. I stood there watching her and she looked so cute that I had to take a picture.

" Sup Ap" I asked jovially

She looked at me and smiled "Am good, am making lunch"

" Yeah, Alexis told me" I said giving her a back hug, she seems surprised

" You don't know how much you mean to me April, I wish I had you all these years" I kissed her head, my phone spoilt the moment by ringing.

" Hey Zach" I said

" No I can't make it, why don't you come over"

" Okay, should I call her??"

" She is not here, oh you will like to talk to me, I'm waiting for you" I hung up, ' wow finally, I'm getting a partner'

I left the kitchen and went over to the gate, I was looking for Ricki. I found him playing cards with the other guards at the back.

" Hey Ricki" they all stood up and greeted

" Good afternoon ma'am"

" Hey guys, what's up" I said smiling

No response but what did I expect.

" Uhhmmm, Ricki can I talk to you?"

" Sure" he came towards me.

" Zachary is coming, so tell the guys at the gate that he's my brother"

" Okay" Ricki is a very attractive guy tall,brown skin, brown eyes and hair

" Thanks Ricki you're the best"

" You're welcome ma'am"

I rolled my eyes "You don't have to be formal Ric, we're pals" I said punching his arm slightly, he blushed.

" Yeah Autumn"

" So how is Danny?"

" She's fine, she's still embracing her gottic side"

I laughed really hard, Danielle is Rickis teenage sister, very beautiful girl and charming.

" Bring her over sometime, I would love to see her" I and turned to go inside

" Uhmm... Autumn?"

" Yes Ric"

" Thanks for not making things weird between us"

" We're friends, Ric" Ric asked me out when I was in my last year of University, I turned him down the guy is good looking but I couldn't get involved in any relationship after it, after that I went to law school and I haven't seen Ric for a long time.

I went inside April was already dishing the food while Alexis was stuffing her face I love her that the connection between us. Our love for food.

" Come sit Aut, this KFC homemade chicken is killing it!!"

I laughed and sat down beside Alexis
" April are you a meat lover?"

" Yeah" she sat down, " My foster mom spent a lot buying meat for me, so she learnt how to do it and thought me, since then I have been smashing, are you a meat lover?"

" Nope, I like meat but I don't love it" I said eating the fries.

" I guess I didn't get it from you, then??"

" Yeah I think so"

I know where this conversation was going to and I didn't want it to go there.There was an awkward silence.
I had to address it.

" Look April, I know you want to know about your dad"

" Grandmother Ruby told me about him, but I haven't seen any pictures yet, but I know his name and all"

Thirty minutes later, April is upstairs, while I was clearing the table Alexis was eating the last food.

"So did you tell Kincaid?"

" No..."

" Autumn!!! Why can't you tell Kincaid you've to do it Autumn before it's too late...if Kincaid finds out from someone else"

" I don't know Lex, I don't know, I wish Anuty Reachel was here, she always gave me good advice"

Alexis pulled me in for a hug and I felt tears on my cheeks that's when I realise that I was crying.

Few minutes later Alexis was asleep my phone rang I answered it

"Hello" I said

"Hey beautiful"

"Who is this?"

"Your love"

"What do you want?"

"How can you plan to leave a minor at home with a lady who acts like a minor as well... Anyways don't cancel your trip because a lot of things is going to happen"

"Fuck you"

" I love you too, and I will love to kill them, and one more thing, the Morgans are back" the voiced laughed and hung up

I blacked out.