GLORYBRINGNER

Hi guys! I'm back with some Glorybringer (the ULTIMATE ship)! The art is beautiful, so it's not mine ;). The one-shot takes place three years after the Jade Winglet defeated Darkstalker. I hope you'll enjoy!

Deathbringer woke up to the sound of Jambu yelling "Happy Valentine's day!" outside. 

The sight of him flying, all pink with red hearts all over his scales was enough to completly wake him up.

Today was THE day. He was going to prepare something amazing for the queen. For his queen.

Glory soon emerged from her den, disturbed by her brother's Valentine's day show.

She was beautiful, as always. Today, her scales were a lovely lavender-blue with streaks of silver. She wore a very basic flower-weaved crown, keeping it simple, as usual.

"Good morning, my queen", Deathbringer said. "May I take the day off, please? I have to go to Possibility".

"You can take any day off, mango brain! I have, like, twenty camouflaged Rainwings around me all the time anyway", she smiled.

"twenty one!", someone invisible shouted from the trees above.

"Why do you have to go to Possibility, though?", the queen asked.

"Uhhhhh. Personal stuff", he answered.

"Well, I guess you should leave soon if you want to be back before tomorrow"

Deathbringer left. He hated to leave his queen with lazy Rainwings only to protect her, but it was for her he was going all the way to Possibility.

He took the tunnel leading to the Sand Kingdom, and it only took him a few hours until he saw the entrance of the city.

He almost immediatly found what he was looking for, and, soon enough, he was flying over the desert, the hot sun drying his black scales.

Deathbringer was back in the rainforest village. He was looking for two Rainwings in particular.

On one of the leaf platform, Mangrove and Orchid were sleeping, tails intertwined.

"Hey", Deathbringer shook Mangrove's shoulder. "Wake up!"

"What do you want?"

"I need help"

"For what?", Mangrove asked, then rose to his paws.

"You know, it's Valentine's day, and I wanted to prepare something wonderful for Glory"

Mangrove was blue and yellow now. Curious and excited.

"So, here's what I want to do..."

Glory was sitting in her hut, bored to death. Without Deathbringer, her annoying and overprotective bodyguard and boyfriend, the day was long. Very long.

All the day, she'd listened to Rainwings complaining about everything possible.

Now, it was dusk, and soon she would be in her comfy hammoc full of feathers, sleeping.

A knock on the door of her hut pulled Glory out of her thoughts.

"Come in!", she shouted.

"Hi, my queen. I'm back!"

Deathbringer was back from Possibility.

He bowed. "Do you want to fly with me to the clearing near the small waterfall?".

"Is this a date?" she laughed.

"You could call it like that"

His eyes sparkled when she got down her throne and stepped beside him.

"Let's go!", he shouted, and she followed him in the cold night.

Glory couldn't help but smile at him as they flew towards the clearing.

She loved the way the silver scales under his wings shined like diamonds in the moons light.

When they reached the clearing, Glory's jaw dropped.

It was beautiful! All around them were lanterns lit up by fireflies. Suspended to the tree's lower branchs were garland of flowers more colorful every time she looked.

"Wow" was all she could say.

"You liked it?". Deathbringer already knew the answer, and he looked pretty proud of himself right now.

"Yes! Deathbringer, it's amazing!"

His smile grew larger. He pointed at a tree nearby with his tail.

"Do you want to fly up there and look at the sky?", he suggested.

She followed him. They settled down on top of it, the leafs making it quite comfortable.

"Look", Deathbringer said. He took her talon in his, and pointed the stars. There were so many today!

Glory had always loved stars. They were so bright, so beautiful, so shiny, yet they had a little twinge of sadness in them, like they wished they could get down the sky to visit the land.

How did Deathbringer knew that?

"This one is the Orion belt" he pointed her talon towards a patch of stars huddling together.

"And this one is Ursa Major. The Great Bear", he went on.

For a long moment, they stood there, gazing at the sky, talons in talons.

"Glory?"

"What?"

"I wanted to ask you something." he seemed nervous.

"Carry on"

"You know, I really love you. With all my heart. Ever since I met you, back in the Ice Kingdom. I was supposed to kill you, but I didn't. I couldn't.

When you became my girlfriend, I was incredibly happy to discover you actually loved me. Every day, I do my best to protect you, to keep you safe, because I would never forgive myself if something happened to you, simply because I could not live without you"

Deathbringer got down of one knee, a small box in his talons.

Inside it were a small ring, silver with a small diamond encastred in the middle.

"Glory, my queen, will you marry me?"

Tears formed in her eyes, and her scales were a pink so bright Tsunami could probably spot her from her office at Jade Mountain.

"Yes", she whispered. "Yes, my king"