SUNKAT

Hi guys! Sorry I haven't updated in soooo long, I was really really lazy. This chapter is a request of @DragonRider565, I hope you'll like it! (fanart isn't mine btw, and I spend like eight hours trying to find a sunkat picture, but it's literally impossible, so it's just Sunny).

"Sunny?", Thorn called.

"Yes mom?"

"Would you come here one second?"

In a heartbeat she was there, standing beside her mother's throne. In front of Sunny was another Sandwing.

This one was different, though. He seemed... kinder than the others she'd met. His black eyes were sparkling with energy, and his scales were a pale beige, exept for inside his wings. They were darker, brown-ish. He wore only two gold bracelets around his ankle.

"Hi, Princess", he bowed.

And his voice! Sunny shivered. It was soft and deep, strangly calming.

"No need to bow!", she squeaked. Sunny absolutely hated when dragons were fussing over the fact she was the queen's daughter.

"And you can call me Sunny"

"My name's Meerkat. Nice to meet you."

"Meetkat lives in Possibility. He brings me back news about the city every month", Thorn explained. "He'll stay here for a few days."

"I organise a feast tonight, to brighten up the mood a little. Every dragon in the stronghold is invited. You too, Meerkat", she declared. "You can go, now. Six-claws will escort you to your appartments"

Sunny didn't wanted him to go. She wanted him to stay by her side, his warm scales close, their wings brush- what in the moons are you thinking about, Sunny?! Stay focused. And don't forget to breathe.

A heartbeat after Meerkat and Six-claws left, Thorn spun around and glanced at Sunny.

"Did you like him?", she asked, smirking.

"Hum, I mean, yeah, maybe, huh, I don't know", she blushed, flustered.

"Well, he'll be at tonight's party", Thorn winked at her. 

---

Meerkat was bored. Incredibly bored. The only reason he was there was to see Sunny  again. Amd perhaps dance with her, if he was brave enough to ask her. But she was nowhere to be seen.

He had joined a small group of SandWing to not look lonely, and they were now assaulting him with questions.

Suddently, the little orchestra began to play. In a few seconds, everyone was dancing. A very pretty female SandWing, Torrid, grabbed his talon and pulled him in the dance.

Surprised, he followed. They were dancing, Torrid trying to get his attention, but he was scanning the crowd for Sunny's golden scales.

Torrid growled and stepped on his foot. He snapped back to reality. How can I get away, he wondered. She had him in her iron grip, and wasn't going to let him go.

The groovy music turned into a slow. Help! I must escape. Now. As he tried to wriggle free of Torrid's arms, she pulled him closer, clamping her talons around his, and they began dancing. Once again, he sighed.

The song was on its final notes, but suddently, Torrid took Meerkat's head in her claws and kissed him.

He tried to pull away, but she was stronger than she looked, and her talons were almost piercing through his scales.

Meerkat felt cold trickling down his neck, like if he was being watched. Over the music, a loud gasp echoed in the ballroom.

Torrid, surprised, relaxed her grip on his snout, and he spun around, forcing her to let go.

At the other edge of the ballrom stood Sunny, her eyes watering. In a flash of golden scales, she ran away.

---

Sunny broke down in tears and ran out of the ballroom. She didn't know where she was going. She heard Meerkat shout "It's not what you think!" behind her. She didn't stop.

She ended up in the stronghold's gardens. There, she sat on her favourite bench, under an arch of palm trees and huge white flowers.

Meerkat! How could you?! I thought- I thought you loved me! Sunny sobbed.

No, of course. That dragoness is beautiful and ... normal. How could he likes me, a weird little dragon that doesn't looks like any tribe?

She buried her head in her talons and cried.

After a while, talons clapped on the gravelly path leading to the bench.

"Who is it?", Sunny asked defensivly.

"It's me, Meerkat"

"Go away!", Sunny yelled, then cried even harder.

"Let me explain", he begged.

"No"

"Please, Sunny"

She lifter her head from her talons and opened her eyes. He was down on his knees, and she saw tears glittering in the moonlight.

"Go on", she mumbled.

"She forced me" he croaked. "S-s-she forced me t-t-to dance, and w-when I t-tried to leave she pulled me closer. A-a-after that, she k-k-kissed me. And I c-couldn't p-p-pull away, she h-h-held my snout", he was crying just like her now.

Sunny didn't know what to do or what to say, so she did just like Clay did when one of the dragonet of destiny was sad, back in the cave. She wrapped him in her wings.

She immediatly felt him relax in her embrace, and she took his talons in hers to pull him back up. He was now sitting on the bench, his head resting on Sunny's shoulder.

After a long moment, he lifted his head.

"Sunny, do you still love me after what-what I did to you?"

She couldn't speak. She gazed into his eyes, and she felt like she was melting from the inside. He leaned toward her and kissed her.

It was like a thousand fireworks exploded at the same time in Sunny's head. She kissed him back.

"WHOOOOOP WHOOOOOOP!", someone screamed from the palm tree over her. Sunny pulled away to see Thorn hanging upside down in the tree like a RainWing, a huge smile plastered on her face.

"YOU OWE ME TWENTY BUCKS, SMOLDER!", she shouted.

"Damn it!", Sunny heard a voice coming from a bush near the tree.