ANEMARIN

I absolutely love this ship. They're sooo cute together! Also, I think Anemone needs someone like Tamarin (peaceful, smart, chill) to calm da seawing animus down a little. In book 12, it says that she tried to give Tamarin her sight back. Anyway, here's some Anemarin! (this chapter starts the day before Valentine's day)

Anemone was in the library, a blank scroll between her claws, an inkpot beside her.

Why did the stupid freckled Sandwing, Qibli, desactivated the animus magic? Her magic?!

Now, thanks to him, she couldn't give her sight back to Tamarin. Worse, it ruined all her plans for Valentine's day.

She had to rethink everything from the beginning, and she had absolutly no idea what to do for Valentine's day.

Turtle entered the library as she sighed.

"What's wrong, Anemone?". He looked worried, but at the same time, Turtle always looked worried.

"Huh, nothing, only that stupid homework for tomorrow", she lied.

"But Ostrich told me she had no homework, and she's in your winglet". He seemed puzzled.

"Okay, fine, I lied. I was planning Valentine's day", she muttered angrily. Could he not mind his own buisness? Obviously not.

"Ho ho! My sister has a crush!", he smirked. "Who is it?"

"It's a secret". She hadn't told him about Tamarin.

"Sounds like you don't have any ideas yet. Let me help", he settled down beside her, dipped a claw in ink and started to write.

"If I was you, I'd write a story."

"What?! Are you kidding me? I am not doing like Mother!" Turtle was crazy if he thought she would lay all her feelings on a paper, just like Queen Coral.

"I'm serious. Maybe you could write him a poem"

"Her", the word came out of her mouth automatically.

The look on Turtle's face was priceless. Anemone quickly went from annoyed to angry by his reaction.

"I swear, if you tell A SINGLE WORD of this to Mother, I will find a way to kill you slowly and painfully with my magic", she snarled defensivly.

"Hey, chill", he raised his front talons up like to surrender. "I won't tell. You can love whoever you want. It was just a bit... surprising. It's Tamarin, isn't it?", he smirked. Three moons, she really wanted to claw that teasing grin from his face.

"Shut up! Someone could hear us!", she whispered/shouted.

After a good thirty minutes brain-storming, Turtle and Anemone had planned something amazing.

----

Today was the day. It was Valentine's day.

Anemone knew Tamarin's winglet had history class in the morning. During that time, the Silver winglet (hers) was free.

As soon as the first bell rang, Anemone grabbed the flower garlands she'd braided yesterday, and only finished after midnight, and ran to Tamarin's cave.

The rainwing had a cave to herself since Onyx had left the school. Anemone hung the garlands all over the place.

Once she was done, she stepped back and looked at it. It was perfect. She knew Tamarin wouldn't be able to see them, but she would smell the flowers anyway.

Anemone waited outside Tamarin's class. The bell rang, and she was nearly crushed by all the dragons running out of the history cave at the same time.

She saw Webs leaving the classroom with his students, but not a single scale of Tamarin. Anemone peeked her head in the cave.

Inside, she saw Tamarin, more beautiful than ever. Her scales were indigo, with swirls of silver and seagreen. The rainwing was picking up her stuff, humming softly under her breath.

"Hi Tamarin!", she said, walking in.

"Hi Anemone!" Tamarin smiled.

Three moons, Anemone loved that sweet, cute, shy smile of hers. "Here, let me carry your stuff", the SeaWing offered.

"Thanks!", Tamarin handed it to her.

They walked side by side in the hallway, heading for the RainWing's cave.

When Tamarin walked in, she gasped.

"Wow! Why is there so much flowers in my room?", she looked delighted. "It smells so good!"

"Oh, I put them there for you! Do you like them?", Anemone asked.

"I love it!", Tamarin smiled once again.

Then, she walked to the small bag where she put her few jewlelry and favourite things from the rainforest, and pulled something out of it.

"Here, I crafted this for you", she handed the box to Anemone.

Inside of it was a bracelet. Not very fancy or anything, just made of colored thread. On it was a small, gray stone shaped like a heart.

"Look! I have the same bracelet. I made them for you and me!"

That was... that was the kindest thing anyone had done for her in her whole life.

"Wow", Anemone whispered, tears in her eyes.

"Thank you so much, Tamarin"

Anemone took a deep breath. It was the perfect moment to tell her she loved her. The sun hit her colour changing scales throught the leaf window, making her even prettier.

"Tamarin?"

"Yes?"

"I - I can't keep this secret inside me anymore. I wanted you to know it. I love you, Tamarin. I love you since I met you, on the first day of school. I can't live without you knowing it"

Tamarin stood there, silent, mouth wide open to astonishment.

Then, suddently, she turned pink, a pink so bright it hurted Anemone's eyes.

"I... I like you too, Anemone", she whispered, blushing.

Inside her head, Anemone was yelling YES! YES! YES! SHE SAID YES!, but she tried to keep a neutral face. Now, time for the last step of her plan.

"Tamarin, will you be my girlfriend?", she heard herself say.

Tamarin didn't answered. Instead, she leaned toward her and gently placed her lips on Anemone's.

When they pulled away, Anemone put a scroll in Tamarin's talon.

"This is the story of how we met. I wrote it myself, just for you"

"Can you read it to me?"

"Of course"

The two sat down in Tamarin's hammock, wings brushing, tails intertwined.