MOONBLI #2

Hello! This is a request from @kathryn2344. Art's not mine, and congrats to the artist because it's amazing. The one-shot begins during the summer vacations of JMA.

Qibli was working for Queen Thorn since he'd left Jade Mountain, a few years ago, and now lived in the palace.

He hit his head against the desk. I can't concentrate, he sighed. He rested his head on his talon. He was working on a new law Queen Thorn wanted to create, and he'd been working since the morning.

I wonder what my winglet's doing right now? Winter must be out in the forest trying to catch scavengers with Kinkajou. Turtle must be writing another one of his stories. Umber, I don't know, I wish he'd contact me so I can know if he's alive. Moon, oh, Moon. She must be reading in the Rainforest's new library. Is she thinking about me too? I miss her, he sighed. His chest ached. He loved his job, and it allowed him to help Queen Thorn even more, but he missed his friends, the joyful Kinkajou, the cold Winter (haha pun intended), the shy Umber, the quiet Turtle and, more than all of them, the perfect Moon. I miss her too much. I'll visit her!

He went to bed early that day, but barely slept, his head buzzing with new ideas to impress Moon.

---

"Your Majesty, may I take the week off, please?", he bowed.

"Scorpion venom and snake fangs, Qibli", she sighed. "Stop bowing. Get up. Of course you can take the week off! You're not a slave. Also, I don't know if you noticed, but I have more than a hundred loyal Outclaws to protect me. And don't call me your majesty, it sounds ridiculous and snob. It's Thorn for you", she said, smiling at him.

"Thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou!"

Now that he had Thorn's approval, it was time for the next part of his plan.

He settled down at his desk, grabbed a piece of payrus and dipped his quill in ink.

---

After sending his letter, Qibli packed up a few things for his trip and took off in the bright blue sky. It was a perfect day to fly. The sun warmed his scales as he flew over the desert.

He headed south for a few hours until the Jade Mountain's peaks appeared in his viewing range. He smiled and dove down, landing right in front of the entrance, dust rising from the hot stone under his claws.

He walked in the empty school hallways, his talonsteps echoing in all the directions. He took the path leading to the history class. There, he began reorganizing the room, removing the cards, the scroll, everything.

Then, he got back to the school entrance to wait for Kinkajou. He sat down on the stone platform. A few minutes later, a yellow and pink dragon  landed and tackled him into a hug.

"Qibli!", she shouted. "We missed you!"

"We?", in his letter, he'd told Kinkajou not to tell anyone.

"Yeah, Turtle and Winter came to visit, and I needed help to carry all the stuff you asked for here!", she said. The green SeaWing and the IceWing landed on the platform and joined them.

"Hi Qibli!", Turtle greeted him. "Hey Turtle, bro! Long time no see", Qibli and him did their special handshake (or is it talonshake?). Winter stepped forward.

Wow, is it just me or he's way talker than the last time I saw him ?!

Qibli hugged Winter. The IceWing gently pushed him away. "No physical contact, thanks. I know you missed me", he said, a slight smile on his snout. Wait, Winter's smiling? He must be really happy to see me. Qibli grinned. "It's so good to see you all!"