1.

As I'm washing my face, there's a tap on my shoulder, making me look over. "Did you finish the handle?"

"Mm-hmm", I nod, turning the water off. "It was damn near impossible to get it right, but it's finished, yes", I add, as I dry my face.

"Thank you, Scar. I'll go deliver it straight away", Will says, as he places the sword very carefully into the fancy box.

"You seem eager... Something tells me it has to do with the Governor's daughter. What was her name again? Oh yeah, Elizabeth Swann", I smirk, as he carefully shuts the lid.

"That is absolutely absurd! I just wanna give the Governor his order", He shrugs.

"Uh-huh, and you wanting to deliver it has absolutely nothing to do with that fact that you have been in love with that girl for... several years now", I say.

"No, it does not", He states.

"So, you admit you're in love with her?"

"I didn't. I mean-- I never...", He starts, before sighing. "Alright, yes. I'm so eager to deliver the sword, in hopes that I'll see her, but it doesn't matter how much I'm in love with her... I'll never be able to marry a woman like her", He admits.

"Don't doubt yourself, Will. You'd be surprised..."

"Maybe, but I still have doubts."

"Well, you better deliver the sword, before it's too late", I say.

"Right. I'll be back later." I nod, before he leaves.

I feel so bad for Will. He's been in love with Elizabeth for so long... but he's not wrong. A woman like her and a man like him... aren't meant to be together. She's a woman of class, and Will.... well, he's a blacksmith.

I wish it weren't like that, but it is. She's meant to marry someone of... a high standard, not someone like Will. Don't get me wrong, Will is a great guy, but... even if she were to have an interest in him, I don't think it would ever happen.

If it did, the world must be ending... Her father, the Governor, would never allow it, and although, it's wrong... It's how it is, how it always has been...

Love is... a complicated thing. It's dangerous, deadly but also... very powerful.

I don't think I've ever really loved someone before, not in the way that he loves Elizabeth. I love Will, as a brother, a friend, but... I've never really looked a man before and wanted him in the way that Will wants Elizabeth.

Sometimes I think I never will.

I grab my small dagger and slide it under my jacket, before leaving the workshop.

Since that sword take so long to perfect, I'm taking the rest of the day off... or at least, until Will gets back.

My plan for today is to pretty much just sit out by the ocean... I miss it so much. The smell of the salty water. The nice... cool breeze. The feeling of being as free as a bird. I miss it all so much, but... no one can ever know that I was a pirate. They can't.

If they ever find out, they'll kill me... I don't wanna die.

I mean, being a pirate is in my past. I'm not one anymore. That doesn't mean... I don't miss it, but... I can't even so back. Ever.

Which is sad, but... if I wanna live, I have to keep who I really am... a secret.

No one can ever know.