17.

*that night*

Jack falls back, laughing, and he holds out his hand. I grab it, but he just pulls me down, on top of him. I giggle a bit, as he sits up, snaking an arm around my waist. "When I get the pearl back, I'm gonna teach it to the whole crew, and we'll sing it all the time", Druken Jack says.

"Then, you will be postively the most fearsome pirate in the Spanish main", I smirk.

"Not just the Spanish main, love. The entire ocean. The entire world", Jack says, pointing out at the ocean, making me smile. "Wherever we want to go, we go. That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and hull and deck and sails. That's what a ship needs. But what a ship is... what the Black Pearl really is... is freedom", Jack says.

"Jack", I start, sighing, as I wrap my arms around his neck. "It must be really terrible for you to be trapped on this island", I sigh.

"Oh, yes, but... the company... is infinitely better than last time, and the scenery has definitely improved...", Jack admits, as he pulls my body closer to his. I feel my chest press against his, and I can practically feel his breath against me. 

"Captain, I don't think I've had enough rum to allow that kind of talk and this kind of behavior", I smirk, making him chuckle.

"I know exactly what you mean, love", Jack smirks. I raise my bottle, before speaking.

"To freedom!"

"To the Black Pearl", Jack says, before clinking his glass with mine. He chugs the rest of it, as he starts to lie down. I smirk to myself, before setting my bottle down and standing up.

"Idiot", I roll my eyes. I walk over to Elizabeth, making her speak. 

"Is he out?"

"He's out", I nod. "So, you think your plan will work?"

"Might as well try..."

"You know, I've never been very fond of you, but... this, this is a good plan", I admit.

*the next morning*

I hear Jack start to stir in his sleep, making me smile to myself. He glances over in my direction, before jumping up. I throw another crate of rum into the fire, before smiling. "No! Not good! Stop", Jack yells, running over to me. I just cross my arms over my chest, as he runs over to me. "Not good! What are you doing?! You've burned all the shade, the food, the rum", Jack exclaims.

"Yes, the rum is gone", I shrug my shoulders.

"Why is the rum gone", Jack questions.

"One, because it is a vile drink. Delicious but vile. Besides, it turns even the most respectable men into complete scoundrels. Two, that signal is over a thousand feet high. The entire Royal Navy is out looking for Elizabeth. Do you really think there is even the slightest chance that they won't see it", I reply, as Elizabeth continues to throw crates into the fire.

"But why is the rum gone?"

"Just wait, Captain. You give it one hour, maybe two, keep a weather eye open, and you will see white sails on that horizon", I say, before plopping down on the sand. Elizabeth plops down beside me, before Jack stomps off, angrily.