16.

All the pirates laugh, before they push me forwards. I step onto the plank, before turning around and looking at them. "Oh, I am going to miss all of you so, so much", I smile, fakely, before pulling one certain rope out of place, making the ropes fall off my hands.

I've been loosening them up for a while. 

Everyone's eyes widen, at the fact that I just did that. "Just kidding. You can all rot in hell", I hiss, before jumping into the water, dolphin style. I feel my body hit the water, like a ton of bricks, and I pop back out to see Elizabeth already swimming back to the island. I follow her, but I stop, turning around. I see Jack get pushed onto the plank. They speak for a few moments, before everyone gets their swords out and point them at him. He backs up a bit, looking down at the swords.

He almost looks... frightened? 

That's a rare occurrence. 

I watch as Barbossa throws his gun in the water, making Jack look back at it. He runs off the plank and jumps in the water, the same way I did. I wait for him to pop back up before I move on. After a few seconds, he pops back out of the water, making me continue swimming.

When I make it ashore, I untie my hair from it's messy braid, making it fall over my shoulders. Jack, Elizabeth, and I all look back at the ship, making me sigh. "That's the second time I've had to watch that man sail away with my ship", Jack sighs. 

*later*

"You were marooned on this island before. You said we can escape in the same way you did", I say, making Jack stop walking and and turn around.

"To what point and purpose, Scarlett?! The Black Pearl is gone. Unless you have a rudder and lot of sails hidden under your clothes, unlikely, then we're stuck here. Besides, young Mr. Turner will be dead long before we can reach him", Jack says, before walking off again. He walks over to a tree and taps it with his fist, before he continues walking.

"But you're Captain Jack Sparrow! You vanished from under the eyes of seven agents of the East India Company! You sacked Nassau port without even firing a shot", I exclaim, as he walks over to a sandy patch and starts jumping on it. I walk in front of him, making him stop. "Are you the pirate I've heard about or not?! Are you still the pirate that everyone says is the best pirate, the one that can get out of anything, the one that always thinks of the craziest plans to get out of predicaments, or not", I hiss, making him sigh. I step closer to him, before speaking. "How did you escape last time?" Jack pushes me back, and I feel my back press against the tree behind me.

"Last time I was here a grand total of three days. All right", Jack says, before bending down and opening a secret hatch. "Last time, the rumrunners used this island as a cache. They came by, and I was able to barter passage off", Jack admits, as he heads down into the hatch. "From the looks of things, they've long been out of business", Jack continues, as he bends down. "Probably have that bloody Commodore, Norrington, to thank for that", Jack finishes, before climbing out of the hatch with two bottles of rum in each hand.

"So, that's it, then? That's the secret, grand adventure of the infamous Jack Sparrow", I hiss, as he looks down at me. "You spent three days, lying on a beach, drinking rum", I say.

"Welcome to the Caribbean, love", Jack shrugs his shoulders, before pushing past me, leaving the rum in my hand.