11.

*the next day*

"Feast your eyes, Captain. All of them, faithful hands before the mast. Every man worth his salt and crazy to boot", Gibbs says.

"So this is your able-bodied crew", Will says, raising an eyebrow. Jack slowly walks down the line, looking at everyone. He stops at a guy with a parrot on his shoulder. 

"You, sailor!"

"Cotton, sir", Gibbs says.

"Mr. Cotton, do you have the courage and fortitude to follow orders and stay true in the face of danger and almost certain death", Jack asks. The guy just looks at Gibbs, making Jack speak again. "Mr. Cotton! Answer, man!"

"He's a mute, sir. Poor devil had his tongue cut out. So he trained the parrot to talk for him. No one's yet figured how", Gibbs says, as the man shows Jack his missing tongue. Jack gives him a disgusting look, before speaking. 

"Mr. Cotton's parrot, same question."

"Ah! Wind in your sails! Wind in your sails", The parrot squawks.

"Mostly we figure that means yes", Gibbs says.

"Of course, it does! Satisfied", Jack says.

"Well, you've proved they're mad", Will sighs.

"What's the benefit for us", I hear another girl ask, at the end of the line. We walk down the line, before facing a sailor. He lifts her hat up, revealing her face, before pulling her hat off.

"Anamaria", Jack smiles, when she swiftly smacks him across the face, making me cover my mouth. 

I definitely wasn't expecting that one.

"I suppose you didn't deserve that one, either", Will says.

"No, that one I deserved", Jack admits.

"You stole my boat", Anamaria says, angrily.

"Actually--", Jack starts, when she smacks him across the face again. "Borrowed without permission, but with every intention of bringing it back to you", Jack finishes, smiling.

"But you didn't", Anamaria snaps.

"You'll get another one", Jack says. 

He doesn't sound very convincing... 

She points at him, before speaking.

"I will."

"A better one", Will adds.

"A better one", Jack repeats.

"That one", Will says, pointing at our boat.

"What one", Jack questions, looking at him. He nods towards it, making everyone look over at the sea. "That one", Jack says, angrily. Everyone looks back at Jack, making him look at Anamaria. "Aye! That one", Jack smiles, fakely. "What say you?"

"Aye", Anamaria says, making everyone repeat her word. Anamaria grabs her hat, before glaring at Jack and walking off.

"No, no. It's frightful bad luck to bring a woman aboard, sir", Gibbs says, making me raise an eyebrow, crossing my arms over my chest. "Oh! Um... Red.. I um... I didn't. I- uh", Gibbs stutters, not being able to figure out what to say.

"Save it", I roll my eyes. 

"It'll be far worse not to have her.. and Scar", Jack says. 

*that night*

As I'm standing in the lower deck, trying to figure out this stupid compass. I hear footsteps getting closer. "Have you figured it out yet", Jack questions, from right behind me, making me roll my eyes.

"No, and don't talk to me", I answer, not looking at him. I notice him walk out in front of me, speaking again. 

"Why not, love", Jack questions. I can practically hear the smirk in his voice.

"I'm pissed at you. Now, leave me alone", I reply, simply, turning away from him again. 

"Oh, come on. At least, tell me what I did wrong", Jack sighs, walking out in front of me again, making me roll my eyes. I lower his compass, keeping it in my hand, before I look up at him. 

"You and those little ladies of yours definitely don't get along anymore, do you", I ask, crossing my arms. 

"Ah, I see. You mean those girls that smacked me last night? Don't worry, they mean nothing to me. They never did", Jack shrugs his shoulders.

"Oh, that's good to know. You probably told them that they meant everything to you and you loved them so, so much.... and then you probably left them out to dry", I hiss, bitterly.

"Oh, I see why you're mad", Jack smirks, stepping closer to me. "You're jealous because they got it on with Mr. Captain Jack Sparrow", Jack says, looking down at me.

"What?! Wow... You are crazier than I thought. Or maybe... your ego is too big to fit in your tiny head. I'm not jealous of those stupid girls. I'm mad at you cause all you probably do is make girls feel good and leave them behind, just so you can get what you want. Like every other man I have ever met", I roll my eyes.

"Oh, love... You can deny your love for me all you want, but... the compass doesn't lie", Jack says, before taking my hand and raising it up, with the compass in the palm of my hand. I look down at it to see that it's pointing directly at him.

"Your compass is broken", I point out, before shoving it against his chest, making him grab it, so it doesn't fall. I start to walk towards the stairs, when he speaks. 

"Actually... it's not. You see, this compass is special. It doesn't point North, but that doesn't mean it's broken. You see, it points in the direction of what the owner wants most at that moment", Jack says, making me stop. "And... when you were holding it, it pointed at me... proving that you want me", Jack adds. I can feel his hot breath against the back of my neck.

"Actually... you're right. I do want you", I admit, turning around. Jack smirks, as he backs me up into the wall. "I want you.... to leave me alone", I add, before pushing him off me, with great force. "Looks like your compass was right, Captain", I smirk, before heading up to the top deck.