Chapter 2

New Orleans, also known as Big Easy due to the night life. Filled with amazing cultural experiences and music, it was a shame that we weren't here on vacation. We sat at a outside table at Cafe Du Mond, enjoying beignets and Chikory coffee while waiting for Dario. He arrived on a Hyabusa motorcycle and walked up to the table. He reminded me of Bane from the comics.

He raised an eyebrow at us as he sat down, "We're here on a job and you're enjoying sweets?" I rolled my eyes and wiped the powder sugar from my mouth, "Sorry we dont share the same work ethic. We're supposed to be blending in, and when in New Orleans, you come here to enjoy the food."

He handed me a file, and I opened it seeing a shop made of brown and red brick with vintage looking windows with Miraculous Magic and Potions, in white cursive on it. "It's located across from Lafayette Square," he told us as Jay and Jaden leaned in to see the photos. "Has anyone seen the store owner," Jaden asked him. He shook his head, "No."

Jay scoffed, "So we're here on a hunch?" Dario nodded, "I dont like it as much as you do Cowboy but when the Elders say jump you dont even ask how hi, you just do." He then looked back at me, "On the bright side, we will also be doing some hunting. Breath snatchers have been killing all over the place at night, and they want us to get rid of them."

I nodded, "So to deal with the fact we're here on a hunch, I'll go into the shop and look around, see what I get from either the owner or an employee." Dario nodded, "We'll be in different parts of Lafayette square, watching the shop." Once we worked out a few more details and finished our food and drink, we left.

Walking to the store I looked up at it curiously. I could feel a massive amount of dark power, but it was very different from the creatures that have been causing chaos and hell. It was ancient and held a story of death and despair. I went inside, a little box above the door with a sensor chiming as I entered. A man wearing a baby blue polo, grey skinny jeans, white Converse, and black square framed glasses sat behind a glass counter, showing a woman various items that were locked inside. "Welcome to Miraculous," he told me with a cheerful smile.

He wasn't the origin of the power, that much was obvious at first glance. It was coming from the office behind the counter, I realized as I walked to a book shelf filled with various books from runes to creatures. I pulled an ancient looking book on runes. "If you don't plan on buying it girly, then put it back," a deep voice that promised pain and danger said behind me. I whirled around in shock. I hadn't even seen or hear him approach. His sapphire eyes held a darkness that would take a person eons to understand. His skin was darkened by long days in the sun, dirty blonde hair was kept short. He wore dark jeans, and a tight fitting black shirt that looked as if it was painted on his large muscles. He was sin and danger in skin, and I very much wanted a taste of him.

"Who says I don't plan on buying it," I asked him challengingly with a tilt of my head. He was definitely the source of power that filled this place. "The naive shouldn't play with things they know nothing about," He told me. I gave him a dark laugh, one I usually saved when going toe to toe with my latest hunt, "I know more than you think big boy." I saw the lust and the anger swarming in his eyes at my insult. He was definitely not a boy. I don't even think you can consider him a man. Hidden beneath his skin, was a beast, I could feel it. Instinct was what he used. Pure, raw instinct. Fucking was natural for him, just like breathing. What I wanted to know is, does he fuck like an animal?

I put the book back, letting my hand skim the shelf as I turned to walk deeper into the store. He had many crystals, wands, and other items. Some were cheap junk, while some were the real deal. He followed closely and I made sure to add a seductive sway to my hips. I wouldn't mind a thorough investigation in his office, make sure he truly was a Founder.