Chapter 11

After a week of hell I was practically back to normal. Except for the larger appetite, the need for blood, and my almost bottomless magic. Well I guess that was normal for me for now. I was up and out of the house before anyone else. I had a vampire to meet up with over the recent disappearances. They've stacked since I was having to deal with my magic. I walked into the Starbucks and found Vlad sitting at a table. I ordered a caramel frappuccino and sat down across from him to wait for it. Hopefully by the time it's ready, we're done here.

"I see my mark is gone," he growled. "And your scent is changed." "I'm claimed by someone who's mark I proudly carry. Now let's cut to the chase. How many more?" "Forty nine," he told me. "Jeez," I muttered. He handed me a file, "The amount of nobles left is only down to a handful. Me included."

"What about that red head from the night of the Blood Moon ball," I asked him, not seeing her photo among the missing. "Unfortunately she's still among the ones accounted for," He grumbled. I knew the moment Axel and Talos came into the Starbucks. I knew they'd come find me soon enough. I cant do anything without them or Z lurking. I guess that's all part of the warrior bond we have now.

"And they are," Vlad asked. "Dont worry about them," I told him. "Order for Alanna," the barista announced and Axel grabbed it, bringing it over for me.

"What are the measurements you're taking for ensuring you dont get kidnapped," I asked him. "And here I thought you want them to kidnap me," He said with a tilt of his head. "The tracker is a just in case. When I want you gone, it'll be by my standards," I told him before taking a drink of my frappe. "I see. Anyways I'm in my compound. I figured whatever or whoever is doing the kidnapping is nocturnal since it's only happened at nights, so I've changed my sleep schedule so that I'm sleeping safely during the day while up and alert at night." I had to hand it to him, it was smart,"But what are you going to do if they change their own routine?" "No one would be so ballsy to do it during the day," He said. "The Shifter Ripper case in forty two says differently. As does the Lagoon Purge in eighteen thirty, the Moon Curse in the seventies, or-

"Okay, I get it," He grumbled while crossing his arms. "So dont just straight up assume its nocturnal without concrete evidence. Besides we dont know if their origins is from here or from the Tears," I told him. "So what do you suggest I do," he asked me. "The Cross Coven also calls New Orleans their home. They specialize in wards and runes. Have them put a good amount of wards around your home and we'll see what happens," I replied. He looked disgusted, "You want me to go to witches for help?"

I shrugged, "Or you could buy a rune and ward encyclopedia, but there is only one shop in the entire state that has a legit one and the shop owner doesnt like you very much." I smirked when his eyes widened in realization. Axel and Talos chuckled darkly. "Z would have a field day," Axel said. "I'd pay tickets to see that show," Talos threw in.

"Couldn't you get it for me," He asked. I gave him a sweet smile, "Now why would I do that after what you did to me?" He gulped and paled. I was really enjoying this moment. Either he faced possible death or he swallowed his pride and asked some witches for help. I stood with my drink, "Sucks to suck now dont it?" I left a card for the shop on the table and left with Axel Talos. Instead of going to my car though I began to walk the strip. I had been stuck at home for an entire week, unable to leave. I was gonna enjoy this freedom.

"Did you boys come on your own, or did Z tell you to find me," I asked them as we walked. "We were already getting ready to leave when Z gave us his card and told us to keep you out of trouble and not let you spend your own money," Talos said then handed me a debit card. I sighed and slipped it into my purse.

"Hope neither of you dont have anything to do, because I'm in the mood to do some shopping," I told them. "I've been stuck in the house all damn week and I need to stretch my legs. Plus Z has the fascination with shredding my clothes and I'll never understand it." They chuckled softly and seemed okay with being stuck with me for the day.