Chapter 15

We walked through the woods and it seemed endless. The exhaustion I was feeling was sign we had been here a couple of days, endlessly moving. Violet was the only human amongst us and she needed to stop and rest. We all did. Silver and Z thought it best we stop and make camp. "We need to find something to eat," Jay said and began to strip off his clothes. Jaden followed suit before they shifted. Z then followed their lead. They ran off to go and find something to eat.

"Aren't you gonna go with them," Violet asked Silver. He shook his head, "I will go after they get back, so you ladies aren't alone." Violet rolled her eyes, "How knight in shining armor of you." He growled and I glared at her. "What is with you always being a bitch to him," I snapped at her. She scoffed, "Excuse me?" "You heard me," I said while crossing my arms.

"Why are you standing up for him? Doesn't he constantly disrespect you," she asked me. "Yes and he has his reasons for it. You don't know those reasons so you have no right to treat him like shit," I told her. "You walk around like you're all high and mighty. Its ridiculous that these men listen to you the way they do," she told me. Silver then stepped in, "Two of my brothers have sworn themselves to her, seeing her worth someone to give up their honor too. I will not let you stand here and disrespect their choice. As for why we listen to her, she is our Queen. Our leader has chosen her as a woman he loves and again, I will not let you disrespect her."

"God you are such a hypocrite. You disrespect her all the time," Violet snapped at him. "I haven't done it for a while," Silver told her. "No, instead you've been avoiding her," Violet said. "No, I haven't. I have been keeping an eye on that vampire who molested her at the Blood Moon ball," Silver growled at her.

Axel, Talos, and I became tense then. "Why," I asked him softly. "So that when you didn't need him anymore, Z can find him no problem," Silver said while looking at me. I nodded, "I see." Axel looked around the woods, "We need to try and ward this place long enough for us to sleep some what peacefully tonight." Talos nodded, "I'll get started."

I looked around the woods, getting an eerie feeling. Like we were being watched. I sat down and began to discreetly weave my magic into the ground, trying to find our spectator. "So what is your diet," Violet asked me curiously. "Cooked normal food and my mate's blood," I told her. "Why just your mate's," she asked confused. "Because once you mate with a Founder, in a way they become your life line. For Alanna, she needs Z's blood. For Z, it's sex," Axel explained to her.

"Sex," Violet asked dumbfounded. "It's to satisfy his beast's need to mark his female. He gets moody if his scent and mark isn't always fresh," I explained to her. She nodded, "Ah, an animal thing. Understood."

We all sat around as we waited for the others to come back. Without having fed for a while and my magic stretching for miles, I was beginning to feel the drain.

Jay came back first and shifted back, putting his clothes on. "Find something to eat," Talos asked him. "We found some animals that wandered in from the other side. Z managed to find a stoner who had stumbled in. We questioned him first and he said he had been walking for miles, unable to find a way out after what he was on had worn off," Jay explained while Z and Jaden came and shifted back.

Z studied me, "You're really pale, are you okay?" He asked just as I found who was watching me. I stood, "Yeah, I'm fine." I unsheathed the knife Axel had given me discreetly. I quickly whirled around, throwing the knife, the speed and strength in it boosted by my magic. We heard it slam into muscle and flesh. "Found you," I said as I teleported to where my knife went. It was a hag. The knife sticking out of it's shoulder. It screeched at me as I came closer. The knife went all the way through it's shoulder, pinning it to the tree.

"Woah," Jay said when they caught up. Z came and stood directly behind me and I leaned into him feeling the exhaustion slam into me even more so. "You need to feed," Z told me. "I prefer to do that privately," I told him, pressing against him, using what energy I had left. I smirked when I felt he was hard. He tucked his face into my neck, "We don't know when we will get to somewhere private." "I know, but it's been a while since we've enjoyed ourselves," I told him.

"Keep it in your pants," Violet told us. "Let's get home first." "It's not gonna talk to us," Jaden said with a sigh. "I can check it's mind," I said while stepping forward. A wave of dizziness hit me and Z had to grab me.

"You okay, milady," Axel asked concerned. "I'm fine, just a little dizzy is all," I said as a whisper. "You rest, I can handle this," Jaden said while grabbing the Hag's head. I nodded and leaned more heavily into Z. He scooped me up, "You need to feed." I leaned my head on his shoulder, not putting up an argument. I didn't have the energy.

"You shouldn't have used up so much of your magic," He scolded me. "Yeah well, I felt we were being watched and I wanted to make sure it didn't get away," I told him. He kissed my forehead before sitting down with me in his lap. I shifted so I was straddling his lap.

I placed a kiss on his neck before sinking my fangs into his neck. He groaned softly as I drank from him, his hard on pressing against me. He held my hips tightly to keep me from grinding against him. If I did, he wouldn't care who was watching, and take me like he owns me. He does own me, just like I own him, but we didn't want someone seeing what belonged to us.

When I felt full, I licked his wound closed and rested my forehead on his shoulder. I now just wanted to sleep.

Z stood with me in his arms, not trusting me to be able to walk on my own. Either that or it was because he was horny and this was the closest thing to contact he was gonna get. Once Jaden had the information Axel and Talos made quick work to kill the hag before we began to follow Jaden.

We were all silent as we moved, keeping an eye out for any more things that called this place home. When we got to the Tear we were all relieved to find it. That is, until we stepped through it.