Chapter 28

Z's POV

I reluctantly brought Alanna with me when I went back to Vlad's cabin. She wanted to see them, before we see if he was going to give the oath or not. This time, I knocked on the door. Nia opened the door and stepped back. "This is Vlad's mate," I told Alanna.  Alanna smiled sweetly, "It's nice to meet you honey." With the lights on I was able to see her features better. She was a an attractive, dark skinned woman. She had her naturally curly hair pulled back. "Vlad is on his way. He had to break into his estate to get his blade," She told us. "They took his estate and land," Alanna questioned. She nodded, "Yeah." "But it wasn't tied to his community. He earned the money for it himself, and bought it," Alanna stated. Nia nodded, "He argued it, but they're not listening, nor caring. They told him if he didn't back down, then they'd kill me. And that was before we had completed our mating." 

Alanna sat down in an arm chair, "Tell me Nia, what does your family think of him?" "I don't have a family ma'am," Nia told her. "I grew up in an orphanage and I never learned what happened to my parents. To be honest, I never wanted to learn. Instead, I wanted to do something with my life." "And what are you wanting to do," Alanna asked her. "I'm currently going to school to become a teacher," Nia told her. Nia smiled softly, "Vlad has spent many nights going over my homework to make sure it's correct, helping me study, and so much more. I've never had someone in my life like that." 

"Where we're going, we're a family. We fight and argue like every family does, but we also look out for each other," Alanna told her. "The others aren't very accepting, and some may never accept you two, just like some don't accept me. However, you will have your friends and those that you can also lean on. I do warn you though, we're not human. You will actually be the most human one there. Even my mother, who is human by blood and genetics, is considered a freak among humans." "That is because your mother has the strength to rip a house up from the ground," I commented as I crossed my arms. 

Nia's eyes seemed to widen a little. Alanna laughed softly, "That she does." She then became serious again, "I just want the two of you to understand what you're fully getting in too by binding to Z." "We get to continue living and I get to spend more than a few months with my mate," Nia said. "It's not like we're being thrown in a cell and physically tortured. It's a lot like house arrest." "Just for Vlad," I clarified to her. "You are free to do as you please, as long as you don't disrespect my mate." She nodded in understanding. 

Vlad then came in, a duffel bag hanging from his shoulder. He dropped it on the bed and unzipped it. He pulled a dagger out of the bag. It was in a black leather sheath, the hilt as red as blood. I knew if I unsheathed it, I would see the mark of the Blood Crusaders on the blood. "That can't be your knife," I told him, fangs bared. Blood Crusaders were an elite group of vampire warriors, who by now, are a several few million years old. It was rumored they were all dead. "Vlad is only a shortened version of my name," He told me. "My name is Vladorian." "Most vampires show some signs of aging every couple thousand of years," I argued. "Not if they've battled a Harpy and won," He said. "When you kill a Harpy, and take it's feathers, it allows a vampire to stop the aging process entirely. Harpy feathers affect each species differently. Vampires, it's stops us from aging, for humans it turns them into Harpies, witches are able to do dark magic without consequences, the list continues. I turned the feathers into an elixir for me to consume so my body could properly absorb it." 

He then turned his back and raised his shirt. One his back is deeply burned brand mark of a vampire bat, a crown floating above it's head, indicating he was once their leader. He then pulled his shirt down and turned to me, holding his knife out once more. I studied it, then him. I then nodded and accepted it. I clipped it to my belt, and I felt the bond settle in. They gathered what they would be bringing, then we left. Alanna's warriors sat on the porch, waiting for us. "They're Alanna's warriors, you'll be working closely with them," I told him. He gave them a nod in greeting, before we lead them inside. 

We showed them where they would be living from now on before leaving them to be. I sat in my chair in my office and Alanna sat in my lap. "What was that mark on his back," She asked me. "Had you not seen it before after your one night stand with him," I asked her slightly reluctantly. She shook her head, "He never let me see his back, and he had been so casual, I never stopped to question it." I nodded and explained what the mark had meant. "He is older than several founders here," I told her. "And as vampires get older, they become stronger and faster, especially since he can't age. He is a force many wouldn't want to piss off. So it has me questioning why he didn't just take control of the situation and take what he wanted by killing those that opposed him." "He did it for her," Alanna answered. "He would have started a war among the vampires, throwing his mate in the line of fire. He wanted a life of peace and happiness. Not everything can be solved by killing someone." I chuckled darkly, "It works wonders for me." She rolled her eyes and smacked my chest. I wrapped my arms around her waist and kissed her cheek. 

I then had to have her get up so I could go hunt for my next meal. She kissed me right before I left. 

Alanna's POV

Sometimes he can be such a cave man, I thought as he left. Regarding some things, he will never change. Like his belief that killing solves everything. I was surely going to need patience with him. I went into the kitchen and saw Jaden eating cookies out of the cookie jar. I narrowed my eyes at him, and he froze mid chew. "I want some," I told him. "Oh hell no. Mom made these for me," He told me. He then ran off like a child with the jar. "Bring those back," I called after him. "Never," He shouted back. "Damn it Jaden," I snapped. "Problem," Axel asked me. "Jaden ran off with the cookie jar," I said with a slight pout. "I can retrieve it for you," He offered. I shook my head, "No. My mom made them for him. I'll put itching powder in his under wear drawer later. I'm gonna go complain to my mom." 

He chuckled and shook his head at me, as I left the kitchen, following my mother's scent. I found her by the in door pool, reading a book. Drako was in his beast form, soaking up the sun through the large windows in the ceiling. "Yes my daughter," My mother asked while putting her book mark in her book. "I want cookies too," I told her. She laughed softly, "You know how to make them." I then whined like a child, "But they don't taste as good. They're better when you make them." "Mom," Jay came out yelling. "How could you make Jaden some and not me?" "She sighed with a small smile, "You are Founders, yet you still act like children." "It's because we are your children," Jay said while sitting her lap, "Please mommy, will you make me cookies." "Jaden got cookies as payment for going shopping with me and not complaining even once," She told us. "Well what can I do to earn some cookies," Jay asked her. "You could stop crying like a baby," I suggested. He shot me a playful glare, "You were whining." "I was not," I told him. "Were too," He shot back. It went on like that for a good minute before mom stood with Jay in her arms. She then tossed him into the pool. I bent over laughing at him. "If you kids stop pestering me, then I will make you some cookies." 

I kissed her cheek, "Thanks mom." She shook her head as she looked at Drako, "At least you behave." He seemed to be smirking with his eyes and I decided it was time for me to leave the pool room. 

I was in the media room watching Ink Master with Violet when Z came in, "Your mother asked me to give this to you." I smiled as I took the container of cookies, "Thank you handsome." He sat on the other side of me. "What are you watching," He asked us. "It's a a contest to see who is the best tattoo artist," I replied while opening the container. "One guy went on to do a show with two other artists called Tattoo Nightmare where they specialized in doing cover ups," Violet told him. "It was a really good  show." "Some things I have seen humans get tattooed on their bodies, truly has me worried for humanity," He told us. I nodded, "You and me both." We fell into silence as we watched the show. 

After it ended, Z picked me up from the couch, not giving me much of a choice. "I'm in the mood to have you all to myself," He said as he left the room. Suddenly, an explosion had us flying backwards. What the hell was going on now?