Chapter 3

I got back to the hotel around the same time as my brothers. They had the look of satisfaction in their eyes. "I take it the hunt went well," I said laying on one of the three beds in the room. "Went very well," Jay said as he stripped down to his boxers and laid in another bed. Jaden nodded in agreement, "We had tracked down a hoard of them and took them all out." He laid in his bed in a pair of basketball shorts.

"How did your night go," Jay asked me. "I didn't beat around the bush, like Dario probably would've preferred and asked him if he was a Founder. He denied it," I told them. "Do you believe him," Jaden asked me. "My word is my bond, what was said stays between us," I told them. "Plus if there was something the Founders were able to do, they probably would've done it by now since it's clear these things are throwing the balance out of whack."

"I came to the same conclusion when Dario informed you of this task," Jaden claimed. "So what do we do from here," Jay asked, running a hand through his hair. "We keep killing these damn things and pray for the best," I replied with sigh. I grabbed some clothes and went into the bathroom to change before taking off my make up. I could feel a piece of Mr. Z's power clinging to me as a way of surveillance. He could hear everything said and I didn't want to give the man a reason to kill me.

I left the bathroom and saw they were already asleep. I turned out the lights and laid down, feeling the exhaustion from my night of fun finally slam into me.

I woke up to Jaden trying to wake Jay up who threw obscenities at him, and covered his head with his blanket. Jaden sighed and used his telekinesis to rip the blankets from the bed. "What the hell do you want Jaden," Jay asked him, covering his face with the pillow. "We've literally slept all day and it's almost sun set, figured you would want to go hunting." Jay removed the pillow and sat up, "Coffee and food first." That was a plan I could get behind, I thought as I sat up.

Jaden nodded and pulled up his laptop, "Tonight I figured we would go hunting at the Masquerade Nightclub on Canal St." He showed us the images and we saw it was a large club with fifty three feet tall ceilings with the night sky on it. They also had go go dancers which I found as a weird touch. Only in New Orleans, I thought. We dressed in appropriate attire before going to get something to eat at a nearby restaurant.

The club was filled to the brim with people and I questioned whether or not they exceeded the amount of people allowed inside. Jay and Jaden made their way to opposite ends of the club, while I went to dance. I used my abilities to read the minds of many who passed. It was dizzing sometimes and very intrusive, but in such a crowded place like this, you could easily miss a target who was stalking prey. We ignored the vampires seducing someone for a quick bite. As long as they ensured they wiped the human's mind of what happened then they weren't breaking any laws.

I let my hips be guiding by the music, as I danced. Until I felt hands touch them. "You dance beautifully," a man said. His breath held the stench of death, and his hands were cold. An Ice Bringer. And here I thought they preffered the colder climates. What was he doing coming through a tear here in New Orleans? No matter, he made the mistake of approaching me, and I was going to make sure he was unable to walk away.

"Thank you," I told him. I could feel his cold seep deep into my skin, stealing my warmth. They killed by freezing someone from the inside out. "Did you come here alone," He asked me. I gave him a nod, "I was hoping to leave with someone though." He chuckled, "Then I guess we're lucky to have run into each other." I turned to face him,"I guess so."

I let him lead me out of the club, and he took me to a dark ally, the lights didn't shine in. I felt the temperature drop, and I used my telekinesis to sent a trash can lid, spinning at a deadly speed, towards his head. He dodged it, but it clipped its neck, drawing black blood from it. He glared, "You'll pay for that."