Chapter 29

Violet's POV

I ran out of the room. Axel's wards helped keep the explosion from damaging and injuring, but the force of it knocked a lot of us off balance. I found Z on the floor, Allie on top of him. "I'm fine," Allie said as she got up. The ground began to shake, the chandelier above us swinging violently.

I ran to the windows and saw my sister as well my mom and dad. "I'll handle this," I said before stepping out. Silver grabbed my arm, "Don't do anything you'll regret." I gave him a soft smile and he let me go.

I stood before the people I once called family. "You really shouldn't have come here," I told them. They didn't speak, simply attacked with their elemental abilities. My sister shot shards of ice, my father made spikes of Earth come out of the ground, and my mother threw fire at me. I dodged their attacks. I laughed softly, "Let me show you how it's really done."

I made the water from the bayou surrounding the house lift and create walls surrounding us, while earth lifted to surround the house to keep it protected. My mother stumbled back in shock. "You're a monster," my sister spat. I allowed my eyes to shift, "You have no idea." I made the water begin to swirl, hurricane force winds picking up. My father went to protect my mother and sister. My sister pulled gun from her wasteband, "We were told to put you down Violet, and now I see why."

She fired a shot off but I teleported out of its path and then reappeared behind her. I grabbed her by the throat, my claws digging enough into her neck to draw blood to make my parents pause. "You're all so pathetic, turning on a member of your own family. Care to know how this shit even got started," I asked them. "The Elders were pissed the Founders refused to help them. I was ordered by someone much scarier than the Elders to not say a damn thing. I'm honestly glad I didn't, want to know why? That same person offered herself to be my family and gave me a place to call home after you bastards threw me to the side. She did her damndest to save my life after I was poisoned. She even went to another realm to see if any of the beasts would merge with me to help save my life. Family goes to the ends of the Earth to help one another. They don't turn their backs on each other when a simple lie is told. I have been trying to help the Founders get these God damned tears close, not become more powerful. That just sort of happened since the Elders tried to kill me."

My sister sneered, "When you stop being useful, they'll toss you aside." I laughed darkly, "We aren't humans, so don't assume we act like you or your Elders. We are the Founders." I then crushed her vocal chords before releasing her. She chocked and coughed on the ground. It won't kill her, but at I won't have to hear her talk for a while. I looked at my parents, "Leave, and never come after us again. And tell your Elders, the next time they show themselves, there will be no mercy." I then allowed the water walls to fall, washing them away. If they can't save themselves from drowning, then that is on them for being so weak. I stood in the middle of the flood, untouched by the water. When Silver dropped from his perch on top of the rock wall I made the water part for him. "Feel better," He asked me. I nodded, my shoulders feeling much lighter, "I have washed my hands of them for good." He nodded, hands in the pockets of his slacks. Always dressed to impress, never a hair out of place. 

"Noko," He told me. I raised an eyebrow, "Noko?" "It's yours if you wish to no longer use Denver," He explained to me. It was his last name, I realized. I nodded, "Thank you." He nodded and turned back to the house. "They were lucky Alanna was not hurt," He said to me. I nodded, "Had she been hurt, they wouldn't have had a chance to say a single word." "Kelsi however, was injured by the kickback. Cracked her head on the banister of the stairs," He informed me. My heart dropped into the pit of my stomach, "How is she?" "She would have died had Drako not taken a gamble and changed her," He answered. "I had never seen him so desperate. It was clear he loved her, and didn't want to lose her. He had accepted to love her until she passed from old age, but he was not ready to loose her so suddenly. The woman had loved one man her entire life, but it is possible she may love him enough to survive the change." "How did the siblings take it," I asked him next. "Jay is pacing, readying to try and kill Drako if she suffers through the change to just die in the end. Z is trying to get Alanna to rest after being tossed by the force of the explosion, but she refuses. Jaden is quietly waiting. Out of all of the siblings, Jaden is the one who's reaction if it doesn't work worries me the most. Jay has the strength to rip Drako into pieces, but who knows the full extent of Jaden's psychic abilities," He told me. 

I ran a hand through my hair with a sigh. He looked back at me, eyes running over me. "I never thought I would see the day when a woman faces a threat head on in pink pajamas with horses on them," He said. I looked down at my, My Little Pony pajamas. I looked up at him, "Don't be dissin' on My Little Pony." He raised an eyebrow at me before shaking his head while walking back to the house. I rolled my eyes as I began to follow him. 

Axel and Talos were in the foyer when we went in. "I was expecting a little more blood shed," Axel said to me. "I'm not as blood thirsty as the rest of you guys," I told them. We then fell silent as we saw Alanna came up the stairs that lead to the underground rooms and cells. "She survived it," She told us. "It reversed the aging of her body, as well." Drako then came up, carrying a woman wrapped in his trench coat. She looked like she could be Alanna's older sister. Alanna watched them go up the stairs before sighing. "I just want one day of peace," She whispered. "No fucking Elders. Nothing from the Tears. No bitch calling Z's phone about the fucking Key." As she spoke, her canines elongated. 

"No one has seen the Key since I used it centuries ago," Talos said to us. She nodded, "He hired some woman to try and find it. A while back he met with her, but the key she had was a replica. He had her trace the origin of the replica because if they could make a replica then it means they were able to make the real thing. He is getting ready to meet with her." He then came down the stairs and a small box appear in her hand. He pulled her to him, "I'll be back soon, I promise." She took a silver ring from the small box and slipped it on to his left ring finger. The universal symbol for declaring he was off limits. 

Us warriors decided to look elsewhere to give them some form of privacy as Z growled lustfully before claiming her mouth possessively. The new hard wood floors looked really beautiful. When he teleported out of the house, Allie growled in frustration. "That woman is lucky he needs her," She grumbled before going into the kitchen. It must be nice to love someone so much you have such a strong sense of possessiveness over them, I thought. Will Silver and I at least get to that point or will it always be on the basis of mated coworkers?