Chapter 9

I sighed as I jumped into the pool. A heat wave had slammed into New Orleans and it was suffocating. Jay and Jaden were out hunting, all of the Founders doing who knows what, and here I was floating trying to stay cool. I could sense my warriors were near. "Enjoying yourself," Z said as he came outside. I gave him a smile, "I'd enjoy it even more if you joined me."I bit my lip as he began to strip off his clothes and came into the pool naked. He pulled me to him, my legs wrapping around his waist. "Talk about a tease," I told him. "You prancing around in those scraps of fabric you call swim wear is a tease," He told me. "I could swim naked if you want," I tested with a smirk. He growled, "Don't you fucking dare. I refuse to have the others see what's mine." I gave his lips a teasing peck, causing him to growl again. He put a hand on the back of my neck and held me in place as he claimed my lips. I moaned and wrapped my arms around his neck.

My phone began to ring and I used my telekinesis to bring it over. I answered it as Z began to kiss my neck. "Alanna Zio," I said, trying to keep the huskyness from my voice. "Hi this is Violet Denvers, the Elders had spoken to one of your brothers about being stationed in New Orleans with you guys." She seemed a little timid and unsure. Probably because of the way I sounded when I answered the phone. "Is Jay not at the air port," I asked her, becoming serious. "Nope," she said while popping the 'p'. "I know he had gone out hunting, let me see if something happened to him," I told her. I then hung up and tried his phone. I got nothing. I then tried Jaden's and got nothing. Z let me go and I got out of the pool. Axel and Talos came out, having felt my panic through the bond that formed after accepting their knives.

"Jay and Jaden arent answering their phones, and neither showed up to pick up Ms. Denvers from the airport," I told them. They then disappeared, and I hope they found my brothers. I went to my room and changed. Z was downstairs waiting for me and we left to go pick up Violet.

Her hair was a vibrant purple color, and her blue eyes filled with excitement. She wore a black leather choker with a metal pentagram in the center. She wore a black shirt that said 'To hell with normal' and ripped skinny jeans. She also had black French tips and her make up was very dark. She smiled, "Damn, didn't think we'd be working with dark and dangerous."

"We aren't. Only I am," I told her, feeling jealousy show its ugly head. She held up her hands in mock surrender, "Got your claim on him, totes cool." I took her to the car and Z put her bags in the trunk. Once in though I didn't start the car.

"The males I'm living with arent human," I told her. "I can tell by their presence," she said. "They have no manners, or sense of decency. My first morning their, every one of them, except my brothers, were butt naked at the table. They also wont like you until they know just where you stand on the power ranking they have. The handsome man in the back is Mr. Z, is their leader and I as his mate am the lady of the house. There are two men in particular who may try to kill you if you disrespect me, not including him." I said while pointing back to Z.

"So you really did find the Founders," she stated. "Do the Elders know?" "I haven't told them but they suspect. You wont either. The Founder as well as us are still trying to find a way to get the tears to close. If the Elders have it confirmed that we are staying with the Elders-" she cut me off, "They'll take over the situation, cutting off our money train, but also take all the damn credit, and try to control them. I get the picture, I wont say anythong."

I nodded, "Good, because if you did, I will personally kill you." I started the car then and took her back to the house. Axel and Talos still weren't back yet. The others were waiting in the foyer. "Your brother's have yet to be found Lady Alanna," Cherif told me. "I figured that," I told him. I saw Silver standing among them, looking like he wanted to be somewhere else. Then his eyes looked at Violet with curiousity.