Chapter 21

Drako's POV

I sat at the island as Kelsi cleaned the kitchen, grumbling about the cavemen that destroyed the kitchen. Claus came in with a bowl and put it in the empty sink which made her eye twitch. "Problem woman," Claus said in his Scandinavian accent. "To you, the name is Sharlene, learn it," she told him. Sharlene Kelsi Zio, the toughest woman to ever walked the planet who birthed three powerful Founders. She was not a woman to piss off. To those she liked she introduced herself as Kelsi while to others she has them call her Sharlene.

"You need to learn your place woman," He growled. "I think it's you who needs to learn your place," I told him with a growl. "She yours," he asked me. "Not yet," I told him, causing her face to take on a slight pink look. Kelsi looked much like Alanna when it comes to looks in the face but her ebony hair was straight compared to Alanna's golden waves. Kelsi was in her early forties and had laugh lines that did age her a little, but she was still stunning.

"Dont take to long boy or you'll miss your chance with this one. She'll become nothing but sagging skin and bones before you know," he said with a chuckle. She looked offended by his comment and it caused me to growl. "Everything okay in here," Jay asked, hands in the pockets of his wranglers. "Go eat your milk and cookies pup," Claus said with a shooing motion with his hand. "We adults are talking." Jay growled as he came into the kitchen which caused Claus to chuckle.

"If you two are going to fight, take it outside. Also try not to shake the house, milady isn't feeling very well today," Axel explained to them when he came in. "Is she okay," Kelsi asked him. He nodded, "Z says it's just the stress catching up with her. After some rest she'll be back to normal." I could tell Axel was hiding something, but I wasn't going to pry with the Faction around. I didn't trust them and if Axel wasn't sharing neither did he.

"Not gonna be a fight, I got to much to do," Jay told us. "I'm gonna go visit Carol." "Is that the pup's little pathetic girlfriend," Claus teased. The pain and anger that flashed in his eyes was missed by the idiot. It caused Axel and I to growl at Claus while Kelis looked ready to kick his ass. Jay smirked coldly, "Keep talking shit, I dare you." He was then gone. Claus found the whole encounter to be amusing.

Kelsi pushed past Claus and went up the stairs. She was probably going to change so she could train to work off some of her anger. I got up and left to follow her. She stood in her room looking through her clothes to work out in. "Who does that asshole think he is," she ranted, closing the drawer. "Jay and Jaden are trying so hard to not snap at those mannerless idiots, but I think they should. Use them as punching bags or something."

I wrapped my arms around her and she sighed as she leaned into me. She misses her beloved and I know I can't replace him, and I'm not trying too. She understands that but mentally she is conflicted with giving in to her heart. It was a classic battle of heart against the mind. I'm patient though.

I kissed her cheek, "It's okay. They wont be here much longer." She sighed, "I hope not."

I then mustered up the courage and turned her to face me, "Will you go on a date with me?" Her eyes widened, "A what?" I chuckled, "A date." Her face became red, "I don't know Drako..." "Just one date. If its horrible, then you can shun me for the rest of our lives," I told her. She bit her lip before nodding in defeat, "Okay." I smiled,"Be ready by seven." I then left her room smiling so she could get ready.

Jay's POV

I sat on the porch with a beer in my hand, as I tortured myself by watching the video of her announcing her pregnancy to me. God I missed her. I feel like my heart was ripped out and crushed. I went to her grave today, and saw her parents there. Her mother screamed at me, blaming me for not protecting her daughter. I screamed back at her, telling her I blamed myself too. I blamed myself for loosing her and our child. They didn't know she was pregnant. I showed them the video Jaden had taken of her announcing it to me and I telling her I wanted her to marry me. Her mother fell to her knees as she cried while I walked away. So here I've sat drinking and torturing myself. I miss the fact alcohol has no affect on me.

I turned off the video when Mackio came out. He was one of the biggest assholes I've met. Him and his whole faction. He studied me then the beer and chuckled, "It's pointless to drink that stuff pup." "Old habits die hard I guess," I said before finishing what was in my bottle. Jaden then came out on to the porch, beer in his own hand. "Don't you fuckers have better things to do," he sneered. "I see pup number two has come out of hiding," Mackio taunted. "Done playing with yourself?"

Jaden and I growled at him, tired of his shit. "Do the pups finally want to play," Mackio asked us. "I think they do," Claus said while leaning against the door frame. We walked to the side of the house to the green space where Allie and Violet had trained. The two followed, shifting as they went to the other side. We shifted and dove into attacking them.

Silver's POV

I went outside to watch the fight, with the order to break it up if it got too serious. Talos and Z were with Alanna while Axel was patrolling the inside of the house to keep fights from breaking out inside. I stood there with my arms crossed as I watched them. Jay and Jaden were fuelled by anger and grief as they fought Claus and Mackio. Their opponents were simply playing with them.

Kelsi and Drako came out, his arm wrapped around her. "How is Allie doing? Axel mentioned she wasn't feeling well," she asked, eyes filled with concern. I nodded, "She's resting." Most times I could lie without batting an eye but lying to my Queen's mother tasted sour. She smiled, "That's good." "Where are you headed to this evening," I asked out of curiousity. "He wont tell me," she replied with a huff as she crossed her arms. Drako smirked, clearly enjoying her annoyance. I nodded, "I hope you enjoy yourselves." She nodded, "Just make sure the boys dont go to far. Jay visited Carol's grave today and I dont know how that went. Plus something tells me Jaden hasn't properly mourned Ashley yet." I nodded and the two of them left.

The twins weren't little boys like the faction thinks. They just needed time.

I watched as Jay and Jaden did an impressive combo attack that had Mackio and Claus flying into the swamp. When they got out it was clear they were injured and pissed. Jay and Jaden seemed to have dipped into that state of mind Alanna had pushed them into learning. They weren't playing and were taking advantage that we can't be killed.

Talos then came out and stood next to me. "How is she," I asked him. "She's fine. She finally keep food down," he told me. "Founders can't get sick, so what was it," I asked him. "You remember how the keeper of time said that with this version of time we will face things we may not be ready to face," He asked me. I nodded, "Of course." "This is one of them. Z will be making an announcement soon," he told me. It was rare we ever gathered for announcements. Usually it was about war. Something told me, this wouldn't be war.