Chapter 23

I smiled up at the now finished ceiling in the library. After my announcement I've had almost every male stick too close to me for my liking. I know it's simply instinct for them, but damn it, I need space. Even Z has practically been up my ass, always checking to see if I'm okay. I got so fed up that I began locking myself in the library to paint. It became an unwritten rule that when the Queen is painting that only the King can interrupt her and it better be for a damn good reason. Now when I lock myself in the library I don't do it for more than two hours at a time because they get restless and may say to hell with the rule and break down the doors.

There was a knock on the doors before Violet stuck her head in. Lately she's been quiet, not even bothering to fight with Silver, or do anything really. "What's up," I asked as she went to sit on one of the couches. I lowered myself to the floor before going over to the couch to sit next to her. Tears began to fall down her cheeks, "My family disowned me." She began to cry at her confession. "Why," I asked her completely shocked. "I-I tried to warn them about the Elders targeting us, and my mother informed me they already knew. She-She then began calling me a disgrace to the Denver family and then disowned me. The Elders made it seem like I was some world conquering terrorist or something and now they hate me," She explained to me. "None of them are answering my calls or replying to the letters I've sent. I'm officially alone."

I shook my head, "You're not alone Violet." She nodded, "Yes I am." "You have us," I told her strongly. She shook her head, "No I don't. None of the Founders respect me or even like me because of all the disrespect I've shown you. The only reason I haven't been killed is because you told them not too."
I pulled her to me in a hug and it made her cry harder. "You at least have me," I told her.

We stayed like that till her tears stopped. She moved away and wiped away her tears away. "I-I dont know how they did it, but here," She said before pulling a sheathed hunting knife out of her knee high boot and held it out to me, "I want to be one of your warriors. I know I'm not a Founder, but I owe you my life, because if it wasn't for you, I would be dead." I took her knife, "You don't have to thank me. I did it because despite our issues, I see you as my friend. And now you're my warrior too." I felt the connection open between her and I and she smiled softly.

Soon she left as Z came in. "You two seem to be getting along," he noted before kissing my cheek. I showed him the knife, "We're getting along very well." He raised his eyebrows in shock as he sat next to me, "Why did she swear herself?" "Well part of it was because she felt she owed me for saving her. Another reason is because she was disowned by her family because the Elders made her out to be some psycho traitor and she wanted to be accepted by at least one person so she didn't feel lonely, " I explained to him. He nodded, "I see."

I attached the knife to my belt. "Are you feeling today," he asked me. I nodded, "I am feeling perfectly fine." He nodded, "I'm just checking." The way he fidgeted was so adorable. "How are you feeling," I asked him curiously. "Scared as hell, he confessed. "We have that thing coming after you. We have those damn Elders. We have shit flooding in through the tears left and right. And that fucking vampire is still running around."

I raised an eyebrow, "Vlad isn't a threat." "It pisses me off he is still breathing," He told me with a growl. "He touched you without your consent, he will be killed for it." I sighed with a nod, "Okay." He ran a hand through his hair and I could see how much stress and worry this has put on him. "I'm ready to just tear the world apart and recreate the world from the ground up, but unfortunately that would take too long and it would surely kill your mother and Violet unless we tried to turn them which in the end could just end up killing them anyways." The fact he talked so casually about it, told me he has done it before. The fact he has that much power is astounding. "I don't know about Violet, but my mother may end up being killed during the change," I told him. He raised an eyebrow, "What makes you think that?" "Well, it's more than just being strong to survive the change. The beast that chooses us is your beast's mate. We are presented with the question, do you choose them as your mate? Some weren't even presented the question because they were just using the others for their power and title. Out of anger for their actions, the female beast killed them. If they say no to being mated, then they'll kill the woman, and just wait for another. My mother loved my father very much. I know she is dating Draco and I'm beyond happy that she is, but if she were presented the question, I don't think she would mate," I explained to him. "And Violet has had a fling with Silver, but we both know they have no feelings towards one another, so who knows what the female beast would do." 

"And you didn't tell us this why," He asked me with a raised eyebrow. "I felt it wrong. I don't know how many of them may still have feelings towards those women. If I did, how would they react if that woman didn't actually love them," I asked him. He thought about my reasoning before nodding, "You made the right call." He then looked up at the ceiling, "You did an amazing job." He then tilted his head at an angle, "Is that a constellation of the clan symbol?" "Yeah. I noticed it on several of the paintings in the hall so I thought I would add it into the painting," I told him. "You truly do have an amazing talent my Queen," He told me. I smiled, "Thank you my King." He took my hand and laced our fingers together, "What's the next place you feel like painting?" I shrugged, "I haven't decided. I know I want to do an amazing mural when we find out the gender of our child." He smiled softly as a tenderness came into his eyes as he looked at my stomach. This man has only known the dark things in life. It was nice knowing he had some good now. "I still can't believe it's really happening," He whispered. "Well believe it Zeviathan. You're going to be a father, and I know without a doubt you will be an amazing one at that." 

"I love you," He told me, his eyes meeting mine. "I love you too."