Chapter 3

"I just need a minute to think" I said breathing heavily.

"You can go back to Christian and try to work this out" She suggested.

"Absolutely not!" i said adamantly "He has gone too far"

"You don't have much money Ana. He sounds like he's willing to work with you. You don't have anywhere to stay" Kate pleaded

"Can i use your phone?" I asked

"Sure" Kate said handing her Iphone to me.

I knew that there was an app to book an AirBnB on her phone because she used it when her an Elliot went on vacations sometimes. I looked through the adds on AirBnB to find one that was close by. The closest place was in Spokane, the trouble was that i needed a credit card to book and Christian had my credit card cancelled.

"Kate can i use you credit card to book an AirBnb, ill pay you the cash" I said with desperation in my eyes

"Of course, Anything i can do to help" Kate said trying to be helpful "You know Ana if i don't get back to Seattle soon, it's gonna look very suspicious"

" I know, that's why i just need to book an AirBnb in the nearest town. I'm not sure how long i plan to be there but Christian needs to understand that ordering me to come home is not going to work" I said confidently.

"Ok, Ana. I hope that you know what you are doing" Kate said with uncertainty.

"I'm just winging it for now, i know that i'm strong enough to do this on my own" I said

I looked through all the AirBnB adds to see which place was the closest to Ellensburg. The bulk of the ads were for places in bigger cities. The closet i could find was another 3 hours away in Spokane. I knew that Kate would not be happy. I had dragged her into something that she didn't want to be apart of but i really needed her to drive me to Spokane.

"Kate i need you to drive me to Spokane" I said quickly. "Before you say no, let me explain how you are going to explain your whereabouts to Elliot"

"I'm listening" She said skeptically.

"It's the weekend, you can say that we went on a girls vacation to the mountains. You could even say that we are staying at the Misty Mountain resort if you want to get more specific. It's about 3 hours till i can get to spokane. You can drop me off at this Airbnb, then head back to Seattle. I will give you money for gas. You can say that we came back to Seattle together but i wanted to do some running around and I didn't tell you where i was going. Then you can act surprised that i didn't arrive home" I explained.

"That could work" She said skeptically "I'm worried about you Ana, What are you going to do for work, you are leaving your whole life behind. Everyone will be worried"

"Trust me Kate" I begged "I need to do this. I still love Christian but i can not continue to pretend that everything is ok, i need to put my foot down"

"OK" she whispered.

Without another word Kate and I paid the bill at the restaurant and walked out to the car. I only had a few thousand dollars. I was flying off the seat of my pants but i would rather take a risk than live an entire lifetime serving someone else's selfish desires. Kate and I stopped off at the nearest gas station to fill up. I booked the Airbnb with Kate's credit card, then gave her the cash. We stopped for coffee then headed to interstate 90 for the long drive to Spokane. The conversation lightened up once we were on the road. We joked and sang to our favorite songs in the car. In the back of my mind was still the question of what Christian was planning and what i was going to do once i got to Spokane.