Chapter 16

Christian POV

RING! RING!

I look down at my cellphone buzzing on the desk to see a picture of a smiling Ana pop up. Ana hasn't called since she walked out on me after our fight about the but plugs that I was insisting on. I picked up on the second ring.

"Ana" I said before she had a chance to start the conversation.

"How do you feel about marriage councillor," She asked getting right to the point.

"Do you think it could work?" I asked skeptically.

"I'm not sure. I just know that we are on the verge of losing each other and it may just save this marriage." Ana stated.

"Ok" I mutter quietly.

We said our polite goodbyes and hung up the phone.

The tone of her voice sounded as though she was at her end. Almost like she was slowly working to accept that our marriage would not work. I gave a long sigh looking around my empty office. For a man that had everything I was far from happy.

I looked up at the clock; 4:00 pm. Ana had left the conversation to the end of the day so that I wouldn't be mentally preoccupied for the entire day. How considerate!

Would she ever feel comfortable around me again? Every time we saw each other she looked at me like I was a lion waiting to devour it's prey. As much as I wanted Ana to be my submissive for life, I still craved that loving companionship of husband and wife. I knew that was the only way that I would keep Ana. I had to submit to Ana and for the first time in a long time I felt like she was in control.

I could stay in the office till the late evening but thought better of it. There's no use in being a hermit even with no one to come home too. At home the only one I have to interact with was Miss Jones and even then it would be brief. I wanted to be alone.

Most days seemed to fit this pattern. Ana had added spice to my already boring life filled with appointments and work. She reminded me everyday that I needed to let loose and enjoy what I had worked so hard for.

Taylor drove me home silence weighted heavy in the car as I was not in the mood for small talk. Miss Jones cooked steak and potatoes and called it a night. I looked around at my condo. Without Ana it seemed so empty. My body felt tired. The constant internal turmoil associated with Ana's absence has been causing low mood and fatigue. Would I ever be as Happy as before.