Chapter 12

Christian POV

Drinking the wine the way she did was quite foolish. I looked over at her as i drove down the late night streets of Seattle. I liked to be a dominent. I wanted Ana to be my submissive but i was no rapist. I looked over at her body in the passenger's seat. She needed to sleep and think things through. If our relationship was meant to be she would come back to me, with everything that she knows about me, every instinct would be to run. I was hoping that she wouldn't. I was exhausted too. The motion of the car seemed to put Ana to sleep. I pulled up in front of Kate and Elliot's large victorian home. Kate was very protective of her best friend. Would she think that I had done something to her. I got out of the car and picked Ana out of the passenger seat of the car. She was exhausted but arousable. I walked up to the front steps then rang the doorbell. Kate opened the door her faced filled with worry.

"What happened?" She asked helping Ana through the front door.

"She drank two full glasses of wine too quick and instantly became drunk. I brought her meal" I explained with shame in my eyes.

"Thank you for bringing her home" Kate said as she walked Ana upstairs to her room

"How was your date with your wife" Elliot said smiling.

"Wish it had gone differently" I answered with vague honesty.

"She'll come around. Love will find a way. You didn't think that marriage was going to be easy i hope" He said.

"You and Kate seem to be doing well" I commented.

"It may seem that way but we are far from perfect" Elliot assured me.

"I'm relatively certain that this will be a temporary arrangement" Elliot answered with a smile.

I wanted to give Ana her space. She needed time to process the information from this evening. When she was ready she would call me. If she still had love for me she would call me. I felt as though I was pushing things a bit too quickly. As much as I wanted her to be a submissive, I knew she didn't want to live that life. I went through periods of anger because a part of me still wanted to be a dominant.