Chapter 15

Ana POV

Lina's word's resonated in my head throughout the evening. Kate could see that I was off in a different world deep in thought. She knew me well enough to know that I just needed to be left alone.

"OH MY GOD!" Kate said accentuating each syllable.

I looked over to see what she was staring at. Christian walked in wearing a navy blue shirt and jeans with Mia closely behind him. I could barely get the words out. I felt sick at the sight of him. Was he back for Lina and I was unlucky enough to have a front row seat? As sick as the sight of Christian walking into Lina's area of work made me feel I could not help but stare. It was like a disturbing movie that I could not turn off. This was doing nothing for our relationship. My suspicions were there. What other reason would he have to come to "The Pink Door" than to see Lina. Christian walked over to a booth in the far right corner oblivious of my presence.

Kate looked me directly in the eye knowing exactly what I was thinking "Don't you dare go over there and start something Ana." She warned.

"I'm not going to but why is he here with Mia?" I asked my gaze fixed on Christian and Mia.

"He could be looking for a new fling or he could be just be out for dinner," Kate offered " I know that Mia comes here quite often."

Elliot looked over at my face which was pain-stricken and anxious "I know that Christian loves you. Sometimes it take time for us men to come to our senses."

"How long?" I snapped "We are closing in on 6 months since I moved out and I have not seen my of a change from him. Some pleading but no real changes."

"6 months is not long Ana," Kate pointed out "Plus the man is just out for a bite with his sister."

Kate knew very little about Lina and I wanted to keep it that way. She was very protective of me and I just knew that she would do something rash if I had given her the details. The more that I watched Christian the more I wanted to go over and confront him. Was there any point in repairing our marriage if his heart is not in it. Was he here for Lina? Was Mia in on it or was I just being paranoid? The only way to be sure was to talk to Christian about it. The longer I stayed sitting at the table to more angry and emotional I became. Kate could see I was fidgeting and glaring with intent and being that she is the outside voice of reason she decided to say something. Placing her hand over mine and maintaining eye contact she drilled into my heart with love and concern.

"Your not thinking clearly Ana. I don't want you to say something that you may regret later." She said

"If we aren't completely honest with each other then how is this going to work," I complained "If he's just here to have a bite with his sister then there shouldn't be anything to hide."

Kate gave a long sigh knowing that my stubborn nature would surely win. "Do you want me to come with you for support?" Kate asked.

"It's going to be a short conversation, Kate," I stated confidently "I should be fine."

"OK but if you need me just wave me over. I'm here for you." Kate assured me

"I know," I agreed

I had already made my mind up but I was still rattled with nervous anxieties. I knew that I would regret it if I decided to not say anything. I forced my legs to stand up. The anxiety was making my legs into jelly. I focused my mind on Christian ignoring the mounting sickness in my stomach. He was all the way across the restaurant. My stomach had plenty of time to torture me. I walked in between the tables with customers that were laughing and talking amongst themselves. They seemed oblivious to my mental anguish. I was no more than 1/2 way over to Christian and Mia's table when made eye contact with me and nudged Christian. Mia leaned over and said something to Christian that I could not hear prompting him to turn around and face me. His face seemed more shocked then angry.