E I G H T

Euphoria Café

Jisoo was sitting at a table at the corner of the cafe. She took a sip of her coffee and her phone buzzed. The screen showed Hoseok. Jisoo sighed again as she declined his call. He had been calling her since the morning for god knows what reason. She was already irritated.
Then a message popped on her screen.
Hoseok:
Jisoo please pick up,we need to talk.
also im really sorry and i miss you

She just stared at the message, sadness appearing in her eyes. She almost teared up but hurriedly fanned her eyes taking a deep breath. And like earlier she ignored it again.
Just then a figure appeared at her table.
" Hello, Jisoo-ssi. Did i make you wait for too long?" 

" Ahh n-no seokjin-ssi. I got here just now too." she gave her bright smile. 

After ordering his drink, they talked for sometime.

" So you work at the foreign branch of jeon manufactures?" jisoo asked.

" Yes, i've been there for two years now."

" I kinda admire you." 

He showed genuine shock," Why??"

" Well cus you are a managing director at such a young age." 

" Oh thankyou, jisoo-ssi." Seokjin blushed.They both laughed lightly. 

" I think you saw my company's article." jisoo said looking down at her drink.

His smile wore off, " Oh y-yeah... i saw it." 

" Yepp so my company isn't doing exactly great."

" Don't worry Jisoo-ssi. Things will turn out okay. You should just have positive thoughts." 

Jisoo smiled, " Thankyou for being hopeful." After a little pause, Jisoo looked at Seokjin.

" I think i'll need some help though. For the things to turn out okay." 

Seokjin looked back at Jisoo and nodded as a cue of understanding. " I can help you Jisoo-ssi." 

" Thankyou so much." Jisoo gave her bright smile. Seokjin adored that smile.

Both of them sipped their coffee.

" Do you know about the coming elite party, seokjin-ssi?" 

" I think i've heard of it a little." 

" I'm sure you've been invited. It is on coming Friday." 

" Oh, i don't know about that." 

" Its like a party for high-class business people. Also, one of the most important parties in a year." Jisoo continued, " People are supposed to come with their partners. Its like a way to show your relation with other company." 

Seokjin nodded at her words.

" Seokjin-ssi, for this party,i want you to be my partner." 

" I'm more than honored to be your partner." Seokjin replied immediately. 

"Thankyou again." Jisoo also smiled for the nth time, " By the way, this party is different than last time's party.This one will have more important people. So, the event happened like that last party won't be accepted." she said seriously. " Make sure you dont make any mistakes."

---

Rosé was just chilling at her home, going through a novel. Her phone screen lit up showing a message. She picked it up to look at it.