"Who's my dad"

"Mama wake up" Grayson giggled as he jumped on my bed .

"Hey hey , bubba , be careful" I warned him with my groggy voice .

"Today's kindergarten" he cheered . Grayson is 3 years old now . Yes , he's Ashton's son . Have I seen Ashton since the whole incident 4 years ago ? Nope .

"Mama , can we make cake" he smiled at me as he played with tiny hands. He had brown hair that was slightly curly and bright blue eyes . He was spitting image of Ashton and I kind of hated it . I love Grayson though . He's my everything.

I kissed his cheek as he played with his toy Superman . "Come on bubba" I said throwing him gently over my shoulder . He laughed as I held him walking down the stairs. His laugh was the cutest .

"Now , do you want normal pancakes or Mickey Mouse pancakes" I spoke excitedly , grabbing the 3 year olds attention . "Mickey" he cheered happily .

I stuck on the pancakes as I ironed Graysons clothes for his first day of kindergarten.

It was also another year of me teaching kindergarteners . I really enjoyed teaching them , they're so innocent and pure .

I fed him his breakfast and got him dressed . I was teaching in the same class that Grayson would be in for kindergarten . I felt happy that I was teaching my son , plus since he's the mafia bosses son , it's best for his safety.

I got dressed and we headed out the door .

We reached the school and I grabbed Grayson . "You excited bubba" I said kissing his cheek . "I scared" he said as he lay his head on my shoulder . "I'm here , remember" I said kissing his forehead this time .

He nodded . We walked into the class . We were the first ones there but shortly not long after another little boy named Chase waddled in . "Why couldn't dada come" he asked a woman pouting . "Um because they're busy with work , you know that" she said unzipping his coat . "Oh" he frowned .

"Hi Chase" I smiled . "Hi" he said weakly . "My butt hurts" Grayson said as he sat on the ground . That made Chase smile and laugh a little . "See the people here are nice" The woman spoke . "Yep I'm very nice" Grayson smiled a big smile . "Are you a good boy" Grayson asked him cautiously as he scowled at Chase . "Yeah , dada says I am anyways" Chase nodded to Grayson. Graysons face lit up and he said "you want to play with the toys" .

Chase looked at me for reassurance. "Go ahead" I smiled at him as he ran to the toys with Grayson .

"Are you his mom" I asked the woman who stood at the door. "No I'm his babysitter" she nodded . "Alright I better get going , busy day" she smiled as she walked off . I just nodded at her.

More kids kept coming in until I had about 20 kids in one class . Grayson and Chase were already bestfriends.

The day was long and stressful . So much time and energy had been put into the day .

Finally most of the kids were gone . All except two , my own and Chase . Grayson ran after Chase as they played with superheroes.

"I'm Batman" Grayson said in a deep voice . "I'm superman" Chase muttered making sound effects. I watched as the two played until they were exhausted. Gray lay on the floor out of breath and Chase sat on a chair with his head on the table .

All of a sudden Chase started crying. "Chase what's wrong" I spoke worriedly , crouching beside the little boy in the small chair . "Dada doesn't love me" he whined as tears rolled down his cheeks . "What do you mean , of course he does" I said confused . "But he's always in his office and doesn't want to play with me" Chase uttered spilling out his concerns . "No your dada does love you" I reassured him , nodding my head . "He might be busy but he does love you" I rubbed his back .

"What do you and your dada do when he's finished work?" I asked Chase . "He comes upstairs and checks on me" Chase whimpered , wiping his tears . "See, if your dada didn't love you , why would he check if your gone or not?" I asked him to him trying to make him feel better .

"I guess so" he sniffled.

After awhile the woman came back . "I'm so sorry" she stressed as she grabbed Chases hand . "I was held up" she said . "It's okay , Chase is a good kid" I smiled at her. "See you tomorrow Chase" I smiled . "Byeee" he pouted as he waved.

I was exhausted. Me and Grayson got home and I made him dinner and we went to bed .

————————————————————————

A couple of weeks had passed and I decided to hold a parent - child day as the kids requested.

"Mama , who's my dad?" Gray questioned innocently as he played with his toys . He had never asked about his father before . "Your dad was a good man , who did a bad thing" I explained to him . "What bad thing did he do" Gray asked curiously looking at me . "He broke my heart" I uttered to Grayson . "Oh" Grayson mumbled sadly. I do worry about ,if not having a father will affect him in the future .

"Mama" he questioned me again . "Yeah Gray" I responded as I got dressed . "I won't break your heart , pinky promise" he smiled up at me innocently. I swear I could've cried .

"Thank you bubba" I whispered , hugging him .

We got to the class and everyone had a mom or a dad in with them . Except one child , Chase . Chase looked at the floor sadly . "Where's your mom and dada Chase ?" I asked him curiously. "I don't know my mom and my dada is working" he frowned sadly . My heart was breaking for this child .

"Okay then when it gets to you , how about you tell us about your dadas job" I smiled at him. Chase nodded .

Every parent had their child sitting on their lap and I had Grayson on my lap. Chase was sitting on the floor alone in the circle . "Come here Chase , you can sit on my lap with Gray" I smiled and Chase ran over .

We were half way around the circle when the door opened .

"Sorry I'm late" a husky voice growled frustratedly . The tall man stood in a suit but when my eyes reached his face , I was not ready for what I saw .

It was fucking Ashton Carter .

I stared at him in shock but he hadn't noticed me . "Sorry I was held up in the - holy shit" he said staring at me . I stared at him in disbelief. He was not here . He had not accidentally walked into my life yet again . No .

"Ella" he stared at me, shocked . "Dada" Chase cheered , running into his arms. Ashton picked him up but didn't break his eye contact with me .

He had become a proper man now . He had a slight stubble , his skin was slightly darker , his hair styled , his blue eyes looking at me . He had also gotten more muscular.

"Class dismissed" Ashton boomed as the parents left with their children . "You don't have a right to do that" I growled at him . He looked at me up and down . "Is it actually you" he questioned me , in disbelief . "Of course it's fucking me" I snarled angrily .

His eyes left me and wandered to the little boy who hid behind my leg . "Don't you even dare" I growled at Ashton . Ashton just looked at me and back to the child . "What's your name" Ashton asked him . "G-Grayson" he mumbled feeling the tension in the air . Ashton looked at the little boy who was the spitting image of him .

"He's mine?" Ashton asked me . I couldn't help but give in . "Yes , he is" I sighed defeatedly.

"Hey bud" Ashton smiled to Gray who still hid behind my leg . "Mama , whos this" Grayson asked . How do I tell a three year old who his dad is . Straight up I guess. "He's your dad" I explained to Grayson who stared at me ,confused.

"So he broke your heart" Grayson asked me angrily . "Yeah" I sighed looking at Ashton who looked at the floor in regret.

"I don't like you" Grayson frowned at Ashton . "Why" Ashton asked confused. "You hurt mama" Grayson stared at him furiously, standing infront of me protectively. I smiled at how adorable he was . "Wait so we're brothers" Chase made the connection as he looked at Grayson . "Oh yeah" Chase cheered giving Grayson a high five .

"Ella , I'm so sorry" Ashton apologized , with a upset look. "There's nothing we can do to fix it now" I sighed as I cleaned up the classroom.

reunited . Do you guys like the longer or shorter chapters ?