"Happy ending"

He was making me choose between my son and my soulmate .

The person I was supposed to protect or the person who's protecting me . Ashton stared at me . I knew he didn't want to die .

"Ashton..." I whispered begging him to do something .

"I'll give you an hour to decide" Derek smiled as he walked up the stairs. "Grayson , you can turn around now" Derek eerily said from upstairs .

Grayson slowly turned around to me . He was pale and sick . "Grayson" I pleaded . "Mama"he muttered . Ashton stood up and picked him up . Ashton kissed his cheek and held him . The pain I was feeling couldn't be described. The two most important people in my life . He wanted to take one away . What's worse is he wanted me to take one of them away .

"No" I shook my head . Ashton held Grayson as he stared at me . "You're going to kill me , do you understand" Ashton made me stare at him . "No" Gray whimpered as he stared at Ashton .

My eyes watered as my soulmate gave his life up so easily . "You'll take the knife , and you'll drive it into my heart" Ashton muttered . "And as you do it" Ashton's eyes began to water . "I'll love you even more" Ashton smiled weakly .

"No" I cried as I shook my head . "Ella , if I'd have anyone kill me , it'd be you" Ashton nodded reassuringly as a tear rolled down his cheek . "I love you. But I'm not going to be able to protect you anymore" Ashton warned. "People will come after you , very bad people , you do not let them find you" Ashton warned me . "Why are you telling me this !" I yelled at him angrily as tears ran down my cheeks .

"We've cheated death more than enough times , I think we've run out of lives" Ashton muttered as he stared at the ground .

"I don't want dada to die" Grayson pouted as he shivered . "I'm not doing it" I shook my head . "You have to" Ashton demanded . I think he was doing this to try and make me feel like I had to kill him .

"I can't loose you!" I sobbed . "I can't loose us" I shouted as I stood up and grabbed the knife . "Ella put the knife down!" Ashton yelled at me . "Mama" Grayson screamed . I held the knife to my chest .

The door from above us opened . "Ella , drop the fucking knife !" Derek screamed violently. I shoved the knife towards my heart as Derek approached . "Ella , stop" Ashton begged . Blood started dripping from my chest . It stung but it wasn't as bad as the long term pain of loosing Ashton .

Derek approached us. "Ella , if you kill yourself , I'll kill all of them" Derek waned me .

I stared at Ashton . The look in his eyes was unbearable. Because I know that if he lost me , he would be lost himself. And I don't think Ashton would ever be able to come back from that . I don't want to destroy my favorite person by being selfish .

"I'm sorry for coming back into your life" I whimpered at Ashton . "I messed things up again but I refuse to break you" I whimpered as I placed the knife on the floor .

Derek sighed in relief. "You really had me for a second Ella" Derek laughed nervously as he picked up the knife . "I had myself for a second there too" I remarked back to Derek.

Derek slowly crept back upstairs . "15 minutes" Derek sang from upstairs . He made me sick .

Ashton took off his shirt and pressed it against my chest . He sighed as he stared at me . "I don't want to kill you , I dont want to" I whimpered as a tear ran down my cheek . "Ella , I love you" Ashton mumbled as he stroked my cheek .

"I lo- "If you love me , you will do this for me" Ashton nodded . I know Ashton the most out of any other human being on this earth , and I know him enough to know he doesn't want to die . But his love for me won't let him say it . He doesn't want to damage me anymore than this already will .

"We were supposed to get our happy ending" I weeped into his chest . Ashton didn't reply . He bit his lip as he tried to hold back his tears . "Spending all this time with you , was my happy ending , you are my happy ending" Ashton spoke as he tried to not let his voice crack .

"Take care of Chase for me" Ashton begged as he held me in his arms . I started sobbing uncontrollably . Grayson lay on the floor . He does this when he's upset . He just switches off . He's a lot like Ashton in that sense .

Authors note : I'm sick atm so I don't know when the next chapter will posted but I'll try write as much as I can . Also I definitely wasn't crying while writing this . Oh and I know this is a bit short it's just been a few days since I posted so I wanted to give you guys something to read .