"Life itself"

"You can stay over , if you like" Steph offered as I grabbed Graysons coat . "Gray" I yelled up the stairs .

"I can't but thanks Steph" I said hugging her goodbye . Grayson came flying down the stairs with Amelia .

"Bye Grayson" Amelia said hugging him . If three year olds hugging eachother isn't the cutest thing , I really don't know what is . Her tiny arms around his body , and him hugging her around the neck , almost choking her .

———————————————————————

"Mama?" Gray questioned as I gave him a bath . "Yeah" I said as I rubbed shampoo into his hair . "Do you hate me now" he asked me sadly . "What?!" I said completely confused about where that came from . I washed the shampoo out of his hair . I could see his little mind thinking .

He started getting upset . "Awh bubba , What's wrong" I said taking him out of the bath and wrapping a towel around him . I sat the tiny human being on my lap . "D-do you hate me" he cried as he pouted , rubbing his eyes . "What no , bubba , I love you more than anything in this world , you know that" I said hugging him. He was truly breaking my heart , but where did he get that from .

"Y-you hate da-dada , and I played with dada so now you h-hate me" he whimpered as tears rolled down his cheeks . "Bubba , I love you more than life itself" I said frowning as I kissed his cheek . His bright blue eyes , all red and puffy from crying . "Nothing you do , could ever make me love you less" I said to him as I held him in my arms .

"Really" he asked with an uneven breath . "Pinky promise" I said holding out my pinky . He wrapped his pinky around mine . He smiled at me happily . "I love you Gray" I said kissing his cheek . He smiled as I kissed his cheek , scrunching his nose . "I love you too mama" he said .

I got him dressed and lifted him into bed .

"Goodnight Gray" I said turning off his lamp , leaving his night light on. "Mama?" He asked before I shut the door . "Yeah" I asked him . "Can you lie down , just for a minute" he asked holding the blankets to his face nervously. Gray suffers really bad with nightmares. He's scared of some monster , apparently it eats me. Atleast that's all he's told me about them.

"Okay baby boy , I'll lie down , but only for a minute" I warned him . He giggled happily as I climbed in beside him . I held Gray in my arms as he slowly drifted off to sleep. "Mama?" He barely spoke , not able to stay awake. "Yeah bubba"I asked him as I ran my hand through his hair . "What if the monster.... comes" he hesitated, his eyes forcing them shut because he was so tired . "Then I'll protect you" I whispered as I kissed his forehead .

Finally he shut his eyes in content , knowing I'd be okay . I sang a song until his breath evened out . I stroked his cheek , fearfully . I've never been this afraid of losing of someone before . Not even with Ashton.

I didn't know it was possible to love someone this much . And now my biggest fear is loosing him . Because he is the light to my life . Without Grayson , I'd have no purpose in life except to exist. He is my everything and if anyone dares try to take him away , I will kill them without hesitation.

I looked at his peaceful face . He wasn't having a nightmare . It scares me that I rely so much on Gray for my own happiness. He reminds me of Ashton in certain ways . He looks like his clone yeah , but it's more than that . He likes me running my fingers through his hair and Ashton used to love that . Gray would make certain faces , like if he's grumpy , and I just can't help but think of Ashton when he does it .

I climbed out of his bed and into my own . I slowly drifted into the darkness .

————————————————————————