𝟐

This my first chapter bare with me y'all .

"Mama" I yelled while trying to pack mystuff up , "What Ruby screaming in my house like you pay bills" my dear mother yells back "I can't find my picture , the one of me and Brooklyn" , "look in youtop right drawer"

stuff up , "What Ruby screaming in my house like you pay bills" my dear mother yells back "I can't find my picture , the
one of me and Brooklyn" , "look in you
top right drawer"

I already did I yelled while rummaging through my drawer mom you're no he- I stop my sentence when I feel the bulky material of the frame " never mind mom thank you love you" I yell while admiring the picture of me and my best friend ,

"hurry up and finish packing we need to get on the road before 4" my mom says , I sigh and put the last of my belongings and begin exiting my old room I stop before I fully exit the door and look at my mom.

"it's for the best ruby Chicago is not the place for you I'm making the right choice,
please don't question my intentions You know I only want the best for you".

I know mom I sigh giving her a small smile to reinsure her I'm not angry. "come on let's get go we have to be on the road before traffic hits" she says.

I really don't think my mom get how I'm feeling right now this where I grew up it's where I got into my first fight, yes I beat that bitch ass. That's not all I learned a lot of life lessons here and the way she is just tryna up and leave I'm really not feelin it.

It's not much I can do tho I'm still a minor and I love my mom too but if I had a choice It would be for us to stay but as she says "I need to stay in a child's place".

"I really do love you ruby your my daughter my life this is what's best for the two of us , come on let's go" my mom says and at that she starts the car and drives
off and all that's going on in my head is I hope this is all a really wild dream .

*skips long drive*
I began slowly but surely waking up when I hear my name being called then I finally masked up the courage to open my eyes and I am immediately met with a grinning mother , mom what's going on ? I say

"we're here sweety we're in California at our new home" I fully wake up and look out my window and there i began to look at my new home the place where I'll be at for some odd years before I head to college I may not be the most excited but I can't lie and say the house is not nice .

But then I began to think and ask her , mom where did you get the money to pay for this she only works as a simple vet , and this house is gigantic and would take years and years to save for I think,

I see her tense for a mili second than she covers it up with a smile "oh hone money is not your concern , come on let's go inside and look around" I just look at her funny and forget about it and began to follow her in the house .

"Come on let me show you your room and I follow her up a flight of stairs and get met with 6 white doors "first one on the left" my mother says breaking me out of my trance I smile and walk in

When I step in the room I begin to admire the enormous room with a king sized bed in the middle of it with a walk in closet personal bathroom and fresh white walls *I cringe at the plain-ness of the wall ,we'll have to fix that I thought*

*brings bags up* oh my gosh I groan after I finish taking the last of my bags upstairs , I decide to take a nap and start the organization of everything when I wake up because I don't have the energy what's so ever at the moment .

I begin to doze off and mentally remind myself to call my best friend Brooklyn when I wake up I was suppose to do it when I first got here but hey I'm forgetful he'll forgive me and at that I shut my eyes and let darkness take over my body.

•Ava(Ruby's mom) in the MM•